Chinese massage nurtures your physical, mental and emotional wellbeing. The primary focus of Chinese massage is to bring about wellbeing by enhancing the flow of qi (vital energy).
Chinese Massage Good For Pain Relief
In Traditional Chinese Medicine pain is an indication that qi is blocked or stuck. A Chinese massage therapist aims to remove blockages from the meridians (invisible pathways in the body on which qi flows) and stimulate the flow of qi.
Different Chinese Massage Techniques for Different Needs
Chinese massage is an ancient tradition and is part of primary health care in China. There are five interrelated treatments:
- Press and rub – massage techniques for rejuvenation and good health.
- Push and grasp – medical massage for injuries, joint and muscle problems and internal disorders
- Infant – specifically for babies and young children
- Point press – simple pressure techniques similar to acupressure
- Curing with external qi (energy) – non-touch healing performed by transferring qi to clients directly from masters who have studied for many years
Chinese Massage Benefits Mind and Body
By removing blockages and improving qi and blood flow Chinese Massage aims to:
- Improve energy levels and organ function
- Ease spasm and pain
- Improve flexibility
- Strengthen joints
- Promote relaxation
What to Expect at a Chinese Massage
Clients usually receive Chinese massage sitting on a couch or a stool. They may be lightly clothed or partially uncovered.
Chinese massage is a very effective treatment for pain and for balancing the body, mind and spirit.
Find a Chinese massage therapist
in your local area