Empowering Women just like you to be Healthy and Happy
Welcome to Banksia Women's Healing Centre
Isn’t it great when your body is in tune! When we feel in balance our lives tends to flow smoothly and we can calmly tackle all the surprises life throws at us. But sometimes we need a bit of help to bring us back into balance.
Banksia Healing Centre can work with you to reduce and manage pain, improve your health and bring your body back into harmony. While we treat a wide range of health issues, we specialise in women's health, men's muscle maintenance, back pain and pain management, and stress management.
As a holistic healing centre we soothe and guide your health and overall wellbeing through our wide range of natural therapies, health care products and treatments. Just give us a call or click the 'Make an Enquiry' button for more information.
Services On Offer
As a holistic healing centre we soothe and guide your health and overall wellbeing through our wide range of natural therapies, health care products and treatments, including:
- Chinese Medicine
- Acupuncture & Cupping
- Chinese Herbs
- Herbal Teas
- Massage Therapy
- Aromatherapy Massage
- Essential Oils
- Australian Bush Flower Essences
- Vitamins & Minerals
- Natural Health Seminars
Natural Health Seminars
Banksia Healing Centre runs regular seminars throughout the year to help you improve your health. At these information rich workshops you will learn natural ways to heal your life at home.
- Menopause - An Owners Manual
- Stop Being Stressed
Menopause - An Owners Guide
Does this sound familiar?
Welcome to Menopause!
- Tired all the time – but you have forgotten what good sleep is
- You can cook eggs on your hot flushes
- You go from placid to volcanic in 0.5 second
- Your brain is set on permanent fuzzy
- Bulges suddenly have appeared where yesterday there were none
- The wrong bits of you are suddenly dry and other bits suddenly wet
- You sport a better mo than Merv Hughes
When we go through puberty we are inundated with information – but what about when we are heading into menopause?
At this seminar you will learn:
You will also discover:
- Why not all hot flushes are the same
- Simple, quick everyday things you can do to manage your menopause
- Why Chinese Herbs are not something you get with fried rice, but are the most powerful natural menopause remedies in the world
- How to prepare your body before, during and after menopause
- To rediscover who you are now
- Why being gentle with yourself is sometimes the best medicine
- Essential oils to balance moods, calm nerves and relax
- Things to do at home to deal with sleepless nights
- Why tight muscles and stress go hand in hand with hot flushes and anxiety
- Why puff puff pant pant exercise is dead
- How to exercise when you are tired all the time
- Why exercise is the best cure for depression
- How to strengthen your inner core so your outer transition is easier
- Why exercising with friends is 10 times more powerful than exercising alone
- The foods to eat and the ones to avoid to stop fuelling your hot flushes and anger blasts
- How to eat healthy without living on mung beans
- It's not just about what you put in your mouth that puts on weight
- A 7 day eating plan that keeps you full, cools the flushes and helps you lose weight
- Different options to shop and find what your body really needs
Stop Being a Stress Bunny & Regain Your Life
Stress is a natural part of life – but what happens when you get too much stress? You have a fuse that is shorter than a firecracker, your blood pressure explodes the machine and sleep is a thing of the past.
In this workshop you learn how to naturally release your pressure valve, unwind and relax and come back into balance.
Mon: 9am - 12pm & 3pm - 7pm
Tues & Wed: 9am - 12pm & 2pm - 7.00pm
Thur: 3pm - 7pm
Fri: 9am - 12pm
Medical rebates for Acupuncture are available (some can also be processed electronically).
To tell you about myself – my training started in 1994 with Reflexology and moved on to Massage, Anatomy and Physiology. I opened Charmaine’s Massage in the same year.
In 1995 and 1996 I studied the Australian Bush Flower Essences with Ian White, the developer of the essences. I also studied Sports and Acupressure Massage part-time at Hepburn’s College of Natural Medicine.
In 1997 and 1998 I furthered my studies in Anatomy and Physiology, and commenced my studies in Chinese Acupuncture Medicine. At the end of 1999 I become a qualified Acupuncturist after completion of my Diploma of Health Science (Acupuncture).
In 2000 I relocated and opened Banksia Healing Centre. Following further study throughout 2001, I received a Bachelor of Health Science in Acupuncture through the Victoria University on 1st April 2002. I continue to undertake ongoing professional development to ensure my clients benefit from the latest treatments and research.
Lexene Levinson is our nutritionist, and has a Bachelor of Health Science (Nutritional Medicine) from the former Australian College of Natural Medicine (now the Endeavour College of Natural Health).
Her journey and passion for nutrition came about from her own health challenges…she knows first-hand what it is like to have a body not working to its fullest potential. With the help of a natural health practitioner, Lexene returned to optimum health and wellness by improving her nutrition and lifestyle (food, diet, nutrients and stress/relaxation techniques). It was this experience that ignited her passion to improve other’s lives through the right nutrition.
Kate Pattison is a member of the Australian Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine Association (AACMA) and is registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
Kate undertook her training at the Australian College of Natural Medicine and Endeavour College of Natural Health, where she qualified with a Bachelor of Health Science and a Cert IV in TuiNa massage (translated as push/pull, utilizing Acupressure points) in 2010.
While completing an internship in Guanxi China, Kate practiced at three hospitals to further advance her knowledge and skills in Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM). Kate holds a Blue Card which enables her to work with children and young people.
Kate always knew that she would be working in a field that involved helping people. It was not until she experienced the benefits of Acupuncture herself in 2003 that her interest was sparked in the TCM field. She began her own journey into the world of preventative medicine in 2004.
Kate specialises in women’s health, stress, headaches, emotional disorders and musculoskeletal conditions. In her treatments she incorporates Acupuncture, Chinese TuiNa massage, Cupping, Gua Sha and moxibustion.
Kate has a natural joy and enthusiasm for life and healing. She believes deeply in the power of education and teaches her clients how to avoid further health problems with lifestyle and dietary guidance.
Her love for hula hooping started in 2012 and Kate now performs professionally at events. Mountain bike riding, walking her dog and socializing are also important to her happiness.
For more information about the best services for your needs or to organise an appointment - just give us a call!