I take a holistic approach to pregnancy & birth and view both as a normal physiological event. As a Doula I educate, love, support, nurture & empower couples through their amazing passage to parenthood, however that journey unfolds for them. It is my goal to ensure you feel safe & confident before, during and after delivery.
Giving Birth Doula Services
WHAT THE HECK IS A DOULA?QUALIFICATION DETAILS
* A Doula (also known as a labour coach) and originating from the Ancient Greek word meaning female servant/slave.
* A Doula is a non medical birth attendant offering non biased, evidence based information & support to couples during pregnancy, childbirth & the postnatal period.
* A Doula provides emotional & physical support with all types of birth including:
- hospital births - natural childbirth - elective caseareans
- homebirths - VBAC'S - pain relief
- water births - emergency caesareans
* A Doula is resourced to provide information to enable couples to make choices that are right for them.
* A Doula is there to help in the postnatal period with:
- sleep settling - routines - breastfeeding
- bottlefeeding - understanding baby's cues
- bonding with baby - managing postnatal concerns
Australian Doula College, Certificate of Doula Services.Doulas
, Womens Health