Daniel Horwood's Philosophy
I strongly believe in the importance of holistic health care and my aim is to work together with you, to help you achieve optimal health
. I will guide, teach and motivate you and employ proven health modalities to return you to a state of balance. I share my passion for healing in a professional, caring and safe
environment to help you reach your health goals.
I will treat the underlying causes of any illness or condition using an holistic approach, with a focus on ongoing and enduring health, not just temporary relief of symptoms.
I offer a unique style of practice that not only assists in the management of physical and emotional difficulties but also realises and develops my clients' potential.
|TRADITIONAL CHINESE MEDICINE|
Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) is an ancient, holistic medical system based on a deep understanding of the laws and patterns of nature applied to the human body. TCM is a complete system and has been practiced for more than 5 millennia. It's not considered an alternative therapy in China and is used in state hospitals congruent with modern medicine. Traditional Chinese Medicine has evolved as a unique system to diagnose and treat illness. TCM's approach is fundamentally different from that of Western medicine. Advances in Western medicine are only just beginning to affirm the wisdom of TCM and its integration of mind, body, nutrition, lifestyle and energy.
Conditions commonly treated with Traditional Chinese Medicine include:
• Neck and Back Pain
• Muscle Aches and Sporting Injuries - Frozen shoulder, sciatica, tennis elbow, carpal tunnel, knee pain.
• Circulatory Disorders - Cold limbs, poor blood flow
• Digestive Problems - Bloating, indigestion
• Respiratory Problems - Asthma, cough, colds & flu
• Headaches and Migraines
• Emotional / Mind Disturbance - Stress, depression, anxiety, irritability
• Women's Health - irregular periods, painful periods, heavy periods, hormonal acne, endometriosis, infertility, polycystic ovarian syndrome, menopause
• Pregnancy - breech presentation, labour induction, post natal depression
• Men's Health - low libido, impotence
• Skin Conditions - eczema, psoriasis, acne
• Dizziness, Vertigo & Tinnitus (ringing in the ears)
• Urinary Tract Infections
• Constipation & Diarrhea - diverticulitis, ulcerative colitis, crohns disease
Many of these conditions are difficult to treat using conventional medicine and Traditional Chinese Herbal Medicine has a lot to offer as a result. The results and length of treatment required will depend on the severity of the condition, its duration, and the general health of the patient.
Daniel is a professional, caring and compassionate Traditional Chinese Medicine practitioner and Massage Therapist. He obtained his Chinese Medicine credentials in Australia and furthered his skills and expertise in Shanghai’s famous Shu Guang Hospital, China, working in the Oncology, Gynaecology, Internal Medicine and Acupuncture departments. He is a registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) and a member of the Australian Natural Therapies Association (ANTA).
Daniel has comprehensive Health Science training and in addition, he specialises in a range of Massage Therapies including Remedial, Sports and Relaxation Massage. With more than 11 years experience in Massage Therapy, he has dealt with international and national sporting teams and Olympic athletes (USA), worked in major Melbourne hotels and owns and operates his own clinic. Daniel's belief in dealing with the root cause or condition using an holistic approach has informed the range of techniques he uses to assist patients from all walks of life.
How can I make an Appointment?
It is easy to book an appointment with Daniel by phoning the Lower Plenty Clinic on (03) 8418 0740
You can also book at the clinic by visiting;
North Eastern Chinese Medicine
Suite 2, 87 Main Road
Lower Plenty VIC 3093
There is also plenty of free parking at rear of building.
CHINESE MEDICINE ARTICLES
• Acupuncture can help with symptoms of : Nasal allergies, including sneezing, blocked noses, nasal itching and a runny nose.
• Acupuncture at the Olympics.
• Acupuncture helps with neck pain after surgery.
• Acupuncture relieves cancer chemotherapy fatigue.
• Kate Moss getting Acupuncture.
• Acupuncture: the new painkiller.
North Eastern Chinese Medicine is a convenient location to many surrounding suburbs including: Montmorency, Eltham, Viewbank, Heidelberg, Rosanna, Macleod, Greensborough, Watsonia, Research, Templestowe, Lower Templestowe, Doncaster, Bulleen and Warrandyte.
For more information about treatment at North Eastern Chinese Medicine, visit the website
or click on the 'Make an Enquiry' button below.