What is Farfalle Pasta?
Farfalle is a type of pasta noodle also known as bow-tie pasta or butterfly pasta. The name is derived from the Italian word farfalle, which means butterflies. Farfalle date back to the 16th century in the Lombardy and Emilia-Romagna regions of Northern Italy.
Farfalle Pasta Nutritional Benefits
Farfelle is a good source of fiber and complex carbohydrates. This means that is perfect for people looking for energy boost. It also provides vitamins, minerals and energy.
Farfalle Pasta Salad Recipe
Bursting with green, this salad is filled with health and deliciousness!
- 400 g farfalle or bowtie pasta
- 500g ricotta cheese
- 2 medium zucchinis, grated
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 2 cups rocket leaves
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Handful of mint leaves
- Pinch of sea salt and pepper for taste
- Balsamic vinegar
- Cook the pasta in boiling water. Once cooked, drain and immediately stir in the ricotta cheese.
- Add the zucchini to pasta. Pour boiling water over the peas to defrost for about a minute. Add these along with the rocket leaves., lemon juice and zest to the pasta.
- Sprinkle over the mint leaves, season with salt and pepper and drizzle over the balsamic vinegar.
For more delicious and nutritious pasta recipes, check out our recipe section.
Do you have a passion for Nutrition? Would you love to turn your passion for Nutrition into a rewarding career?
Check out the information we have available on what the Nutrition course involves and thousands of other Natural Therapy Courses we have available online and throughout Australia. Why not let us help you find the right course for you today on 1300 924 960
Looking to promote your natural therapy business?