If only a person's brain and body could communicate harmoniously throughout their lifetime, they will never get sick or feel pain. However, that is not the case. No one lives in a shell isolated from things, people, places and situations that contribute to their experiences and inadvertently change their body's communication network.
Excessive negative thoughts and emotions that stem from hoarding painful memories or trauma, disrupt the communication between the brain and the body. This leads to poor physical, mental and emotional health. Practising the BodyTalk System fixes the communication lines between the various parts of the body and the brain, allowing an individual to heal naturally and function at their best.
What Is Bodytalk Therapy?
Based upon the proven principles of energetic medicine, Bodytalk is a holistic approach to healing that draws upon the practices of kinesiology, yoga and psychology, as well as Western Medicine, Traditional Chinese Medicine and Ayurveda. It's a practice that aims to integrate the body's natural healing abilities in order to reach true physical, emotional and spiritual health.
Bodytalk practitioners believe there is a natural state of communication between the atoms, cells and all internal systems within the body. These lines can become crossed and compromised as a result of everyday stress, which can ultimately decrease the overall wellbeing of the individual. Through various techniques, Bodytalk realigns these areas of communication, which stimulates and reactivates the body's natural self-healing capability.
What Are the Principles of Bodytalk Therapy?
BodyTalk Therapy uses the body's innate intelligence to determine what's wrong with it. There are three working principles behind this modality that make it an effective tool for treating a variety of ailments and conditions, and they are as follows:
- Determine what's going on in the body by asking it through muscle feedback.
- Identify what areas need to be fixed to restore the communication systems in the body and address the problem.
- Apply a gentle tapping motion to the problem area to get the brain to work on the changes required to normalise the functions of different organ systems in the body.
How Does Bodytalk Therapy Work?
After a brief discussion with your practitioner regarding the issues you would like to address, your session will begin with you lying on a massage table or sitting comfortably upright in a chair, fully clothed.
The treatment proper consists of different tapping techniques, each for a specific purpose. However, it's worth noting that all of these techniques focus on the three brains, namely the head, heart and gut. Depending on the issue at hand, the practitioner may employ some or all of these BodyTalk techniques:
- Direct Communication is a bodymind technique that uses muscle testing (a Kinesiology technique) to communicate with the body and mind via the process of yes/no biofeedback. The muscles serve as a response mechanism for the body, allowing it to identify what it needs and diagnose itself.
- Breathwork is a technique based on yogic philosophy. Bodytalk incorporates the art of breathwork to ensure that the brain, heart and immune system are fully engaged in the session. Taking deep breaths during the tapping or switching process nourishes the cells, organs and tissues in the body with oxygen, improves circulation and assists the body in repairing its communication lines.
- Tapping is a method used for centuries by holistic systems such as yoga and kinesiology, to get the body to focus on healing. Trigger points are stimulated by the practitioner's touch, prompting the brain to focus on the links that need to be established to improve the body's communication systems. A new state of health is also activated in the body when the practitioner taps your sternum (the heart centre).
- The Cortices technique is used to correct any imbalances between the left and right halves of the brain, resulting in improved efficiency and overall health. The left and right hemispheres of the brain communicate constantly, but stressful events can easily disrupt this communication. Tapping the cortices of the brain decreases stress and enhances the functions of the left and right brain.
- Switching is a technique that restores normal brain function. Stress puts a strain on the brain and weakens its coordination, hence leading to confusion and mood disorders. Doing this technique regularly makes the brain less likely to switch even when subjected to stress.
- Hydration improves the efficiency of all physiological processes by correcting the way the body utilises the water it has available and preventing dehydration which disrupts communication between the cells. Most of our physiological processes are reliant on water as it makes up 70-80% of the body's tissue.
- Body Chemistry is a BodyTalk technique that corrects imbalances in the immune system caused by bacteria, viruses, parasites or heavy metals. It empowers the body's innate wisdom to restore its own health without the usage of medication.
- Reciprocals is a technique used for resolving problems that have compromised the body's structural integrity. It improves muscle coordination and flow of energy, and it's beneficial for injuries, joint disorders and circulatory problems as well.
Benefits of Bodytalk Therapy
By repairing the communication lines between the brain and the body, as well as different organs within it, BodyTalk supports the body's healing mechanism and ability to address a wide range of conditions, including the following:
- Headaches and migraines
- Backache, neck pain, joint pain
- Arthritis & joint stiffness
- Fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue
- Chronic viral, bacterial, parasitic and fungal infections
- Food, chemical, environmental allergies
- Digestive disorders & IBS
- Constipation and bladder problems (bedwetting)
- Hormonal disorders
- Period pain and P.M.T
- Abnormal blood sugar levels
- Food cravings
- Fears & phobias
- Emotional trauma & anxiety
- Eating disorders
- Children's disorders such as hyperactivity
- Sleep problems
- Learning disabilities, dyslexia and behavioural problems
- Common cold and flu
While balancing the physical and emotional elements of the body, as well as its natural chemicals, the BodyTalk System shifts unhelpful beliefs and attitudes that block the communication systems in the body. Once free of these blockages, your mind and body can work in unison once again and you can live your life without pain but with much joy. To find a highly experienced BodyTalk practitioner in your area, you may check out the comprehensive list of qualified BodyTalk therapists on Natural Therapy Pages.