This Italian-style baked salmon with vegetables is not only easy to prepare, it is potently nutritious! But before the recipe, let's first learn what you can get from eating salmon.
Health Benefits of Eating Salmon
There is so much focus on the incredible omega-3 benefits of salmon, that other unique health benefits from salmon can potentially be overlooked. Salmon is a great source of:
- Protein and amino acids - Protein plays several important roles in the body, including helping your body heal after injury, protecting bone health and maintaining muscle mass during weight loss and the aging process
- B-Vitamins - Salmon is an excellent source of B-vitamins. These vitamins are involved in several important processes in your body, including turning the food you eat into energy, creating and repairing DNA and reducing the inflammation that can lead to heart disease. Studies have shown that all of the B-vitamins work together to maintain optimal functioning of your brain and nervous system. These include Vitamin B1 (thiamin), Vitamin B2 (riboflavin), Vitamin B3 (niacin), Vitamin 5 (pantothenic acid), Vitamin B6, Vitamin B9 (folic acid) and Vitamin B12.
- Long-chain omega-3 fatty acids EPA and DHA - Omega-3 fatty acids are important for normal metabolism. Not just that, omega-3 is also helpful in cancer prevention. It also help reduce cardiovascular diseases, inflammation, cognitive aging, atopic diseases and asthma. It also helps in boosting mental health, brain and visual functions and development.
Italian Style Baked Salmon with Vegetables
- Grated rind and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley
- 200g cherry tomatoes
- Black olives (optional)
- 1tbs olive oil
- 2 salmon fillets
- 1 fennel
- Preheat oven to 190C.
- Roughly chop reserved fennel fronds and place in a small bowl with lemon rind and parsley.
- Place blanched fennel in a shallow baking dish. Top with tomatoes and half of parsley mixture. Drizzle over oil and bake for 5 mins.
- Lay salmon on vegetables and pour over lemon juice. Bake for about 10 mins (adjust subject to size of salmon), until cooked.
- Scatter over remaining parsley mixture and olives, if using. Serve.
For more healthy recipes, check out our recipe section.
Do you have a passion for Nutrition? Would you love to turn your passion for Nutrition into a rewarding career?
Check out the information we have available on what the Nutrition course involves and thousands of other Natural Therapy Courses we have available online and throughout Australia. Why not let us help you find the right course for you today on 1300 924 960