To welcome the winter season, we here are NaturalTherapyPages.com.au gave some tips on how you can avoid getting the cold and flu. There's a piece about making your own organic vapor rub, as well as a healthy recipe for soup, which is percect for this cold weather.
And this time, we'd like to add to that by giving you a couple of flu fighting recipes that will surely help you out. Very often, in order to shake off that cold or flu, you've got to feed it. Many nutritious flu-fighting ingredients can help you overcome that cold.
The following two recipes contain vitamin rich flu fighting ingredients. Some of which include garlic, beetroot, sweet potato, turmeric, dark leafy greens, salmon, carrots, eggs, almonds and ginger. These important ingredients contain vitamins, minerals and antioxidants that will feed your cold and build your immune system to better enable you to fight off your cold or flu.
Red curry, coconut and coriander salmon
- 2 tbsp red curry paste
- 1/3 cup coconut cream
- 1 1/2 tsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 4 salmon fillets (skin on) and deboned
- 3 green onions (shallots), trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 cup coriander leaves
- Cucumber & tomato salad, steamed jasmine rice and lime wedges, to serve
- Preheat oven 180°C fan-forced. Combine curry paste, coconut cream, fish sauce and lime juice in a small bowl.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Evenly top each salmon with curry mixture and sprinkle with half the green onions and half the coriander leaves.
- Wrap each salmon into a parcel and fold to seal. Place on top of baking paper on baking tray.
- Roast for 12-15 minutes (depending on thickness) until almost cooked through.
- Open parcels and sprinkle fish with remaining green onions and coriander leaves.
- Serve and enjoy with a cucumber & tomato salad, steamed jasmine rice and lime wedges.
Avocado Green Smoothie
- 1 avocado, peeled and deseeded
- 60g baby spinach
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, roughly chopped
- 1 banana
- 400ml milk
- 1 lemon, zested, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup natural yoghurt
- 2 dates, pitted
- 1 cup ice
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture evenly into 3 glasses and sprinkle with lemon zest.
- Serve and enjoy.
Do you have a passion for Nutrition? Would you love to turn your passion for Nutrition into a rewarding career?
Check out the information we have available on what the Nutrition course involves and thousands of other Natural Therapy Courses we have available online and throughout Australia. Why not let us help you find the right course for you today on 1300 924 960