The whole month of July will become JulEye, which is the celebration of the National Eye Health Awareness Month. Led by the Eye Surgeons Foundation of Australia, this campaign aims to:
- raise community awareness of eye health issues
- raise funding for vision research projects into the causes and cures of vision impairment and blindness
- support international and domestic development projects whose goals are aligned with those of the Foundation
The Eye Surgeons' Foundation is the medical eye specialists’ foundation, dedicated to restoring sight and preventing vision loss throughout Australasia. It is a not-for-profit eye health organisation which represents more than 900 Australian and New Zealand ophthalmologists who are passionate about giving future generations the best vision possible.
Among the top eye conditions common in Australia include:
- Age-related macular degeneration
- Diabetic Retinopathy
Some of the ways you can help keep your vision health are the following:
- Go to regular eye exams
- Learn about your family’s eye health history
- Practise healthy diet
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Wear protective eyewear when necessary
- Don't smoke
- Regularly rest your eyes
- Practice workplace eye safety
For more information about JulEye, visit ranzco.edu.
Looking to promote your natural therapy business?