Fresh Pasta Dough for Ravioli
- 1 1/2cups all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 - 2tablespoons water (optional)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tbs water
In a food processor, combine flour, 2 eggs, and salt, blend until well combined and mixture forms a dough. Remove dough and shape into a ball. On a lightly floured surface, knead dough about 1 minute or until smooth. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and let it stand for 30 minutes.
To shape ravioli
- In a small bowl, combine 1 egg and 1 tablespoon water; set aside.
- Cut rolled dough into 2-inch-wide strips. Brush strips lightly with egg mixture, place about 1 teaspoon of filling on one strip of dough, leaving a 1/2-inch border around the edge.
- Lay a second strip of dough, brushed side down, over the first.
- Using your fingers, press the dough around each mound of filling so that the two egg moistened strips stick together.
- Repeat until you have filled and sealed all the dough strips.
You can also use this option to transform your dough into ravioli:
- Cut pasta dough into sections and run through pasta machine.
- Roll out each section into doublewide sheets.
- Scoop large spoonfuls of filling in a single row along lower half of pasta sheet, about 2 inches apart. Fold over top half of sheet and using the side of your hand, gently press down between sections of filling to remove any air pockets and create a seal. Using a pasta cutter, trim any rough ends away, and cut out the ravioli.