GLUTEN-FREE, WHEAT-FREE, DAIRY-FREE, SNACK, CONDIMENT
A simple dip to enjoy with wholesome crackers, cucumber sticks, a nut loaf or even as a side to a main meal. Tahini contributes protein and essential fats to this dip, making it hearty and sustaining.
- 500g carrots, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- A couple of pinches of salt
- Cracked pepper to taste
- ¼ cup hulled tahini
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup filtered water
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Combine the carrots, garlic, cumin and olive oil in a baking dish. Add a couple of pinches of salt and cracked black pepper to taste. Use your hands to evenly coat the carrots. Bake for 40-50 minutes until soft, tossing the carrots occasionally.
- Remove carrots from oven and allow them to cool slightly. Transfer to a food processor.
- Add in the tahini, apple cider vinegar and salt and process for a minute or so. With the motor still running, gradually add in the water and continue to process for another few minutes, until smooth.
- Store in the fridge for 3 days.