Roasted mushroom and cauliflower soup recipeSoups are made for winter. This cauliflower soup from myfoodbook.com.au is a great way to get in those delicious vegetables and warm up for winter.
Mushrooms are nutrient rich, flavoursome and affordable.
Cauliflower is a good source of vitamin K, protein, thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, magnesium, phosphorus, fiber, vitamin B6, folate, pantothenic acid, potassium, and manganese.
- 1 cauliflower, trimmed, chopped
- 500g cup mushrooms, sliced
- 4 tbs olive oil
- 3 tsp curry powder
- 1 leek, halved lengthways, thinly sliced
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 60g butter, softened
- 4 thick slices bread
- 80g cheese
Roasted Mushroom & Cauliflower Soup
- Preheat oven to 220°C or 200°C fan forced. Scatter cauliflower over base of a greased roasting pan and mushrooms into another pan
- Drizzle 1 1/2 tablespoons of oil over each pan and then sprinkle each pan with 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder, season and turn to coat
- Place cauliflower on top shelf and mushrooms underneath in oven, roast both for 20-25 minutes until tender
- Heat remaining oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add leek. Cook, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes or until soft
- Pour over stock and bring to the boil. Add roasted cauliflower and mushrooms and return to the boil
- Remove from the heat. Blend or process soup, in batches, to desired consistency
- Stir in parsley, taste and adjust seasoning. Ladle into warm bowls. Serve with cheese toasts if desired
- Mix 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard and 60g butter together. Spread over both sides of 4 thick slices bread. Top two slices bread with 80g thinly sliced gruyere cheese
- Sandwich together with remaining bread. Press down firmly. Cook sandwiches in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat for 3-4 minutes each side or until golden