ROASTED PUMPKIN PIKELETS
Ingredients (organic if possible)
- 2 heaped cups of Butternut pumpkin
- 2-3 Garlic cloves
- 1/3 of a cup of Spring Onion
- 1/2 a cup of gluten free flour such as Buckwheat or Coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon of gluten free Baking powder
- Splash of plant based milk such as Almond or Coconut Milk
- 2 free range Eggs
- 1-2 tablespoons of Coconut or Olive oil plus extra for frying
- ½ a teaspoon of Himalayan Crystal Salt
- ¼ of a teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ of a teaspoon of Smoky Paprika
- Cut the pumpkin into small cubes leaving the skin on.
- Add the pumpkin, garlic, salt, pepper, paprika and melted coconut oil into
- a bowl and mix to coat the pumpkin in the oil and seasoning before placing
- into a roasting pan.
- Roast in a pre-heated oven at 180 degrees celcius until golden brown.
- Allow to cool slightly before mashing roughly by hand, then add the flour,
- baking powder, finely sliced spring onions and eggs. Mix together and add
- just enough milk to make a nice thick batter.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and add approximately 2 tablespoons of batter per
- pikelet. Cook for 2 minutes each side until golden brown and bubbling.
Can eat these pikelets as is or can top with a little smearing of pesto, goat or sheep fetta (if able to tolerate dairy), or spinach/rocket leaves
with a squeeze of fresh lemon..