Stuffed Capsicum Recipe
- 6 large capsicums (a mixture of colours)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small zucchini, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cups cooked couscous
- 1 can (400 g) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium ripe tomato, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup (75 g) crumbled feta cheese
- Slice the tops off the capsicums to make lids. Scoop out seeds and membranes; discard. Simmer the capsicums and lids in a large saucepan of lightly salted boiling water, covered, for 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add zucchini and garlic and sauté 2 minutes. Stir in juice. Cook 1 minute and remove from heat. Stir in the couscous, chickpeas, tomato, oregano, salt, pepper and feta.
- Fill each capsicum with couscous mixture. Place upright in a shallow baking dish. Cover with capsicum lids. Bake just until filling is heated through, about 20 minutes