Super Easy Vegetable Soup
- Kidney beans are named after their shape which is much like that of the kidney organ.
- Kidney beans generally come in red and white colours.
- Kidney beans, and in particularly red kidney beans, are sturdy and hold their shape well, especially when boiled in a soup. They also readily absorb surrounding flavours in any dish. It is due to this that make them an ideal ingredient for hearty and spicy dishes and combine particularly well with chilli. Red kidney beans are rich in nutrients and high in dietary fibre, making them a healthful food choice. Due to their high fibre content, they are great for supporting healthy blood cholesterol levels.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed or finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chilli (optional)
- 5 cups chopped vegetables such as carrots, celery, potato, swede.
- 5 cups vegetable liquid stock
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 400g can red kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 can red lentils
- 125g can corn kernels, drained
Cook for a further 5 minutes or until heated through. Season with Himalayan sea salt and pepper.