These fritters make a delicious snack or can be part of a hearty meal served with mashed sweet potato and steamed greens. I especially love them served with a poached egg on top. You could even pack them as a ‘burger’. Simply spread a wholesome roll with avocado, lay a fritter down and top with fresh salad… A great packed lunch.
- 4 zucchinis
- 5-6 spring onions, finely chopped
- 250 goat’s feta
- A small bunch fresh parsley, leaves only, chopped
- A small bunch fresh mint, leaves only, chopped (reserve some for garnish)
- 1 tablespoon dried mint
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 150g spelt flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 organic eggs, beaten
- Coconut oil/ghee for pan frying
- Grate the zucchinis with a hand-held grater or in a food processor.
- Spread the grated zucchini on some paper towel and leave for 15-20 min to get rid of any excess wetness.
- Place the spring onion in a bowl and crumble in the feta.
- Add the chopped parsley, mint, paprika, dried mint, spelt flour and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the eggs and zucchini and mix to combine.
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a large frying pan on medium heat. Scoop a heaped tablespoon of the mixture, place on the hot pan, flattening down with the back of a spoon. Do this for the remainder of the mix, placing as many fritters at a time as will fit in your pan.
- Cook fritters for about two minutes on each side until golden and transfer to a platter.
- Serve with lime wedges and sprinkle with a little freshly chopped mint.