Find a Naturopath in your area
Member since 2006
Aegis Natural Therapies
Want to find out my availability, pricing or opening hours? Click on Send Me Details Now to get started.
This practitioner is currently unavailable.
Gaby specialises in treating Irritabe Bowel Syndrome and other digestive disorders, improving your health & showing you ways to live wisely - providing the best soil for your true nature to shine.
Aegis Natural TherapiesGaby has been practising as a naturopath, homoeopath and deep tissue massage therapist for over 12 years both in Australia and in a homoeopathic hospital in India.
She lectures at the Southern School of Natural Medicine and helped set up a charity homoeopathic clinic in St Kilda as part of the Sacred Heart Mission and HERA. She is a member of ANTA, HERA and AROH.
Gaby's passion is to help people rediscover their authentic selves, their inspiration, purpose and joy in life and teach ways to embrace it. This is obviously difficult to achieve when the body or mind is preoccupied with illness and discomfort, so she shows you ways to live wisely and provide the best soil for your soul to be nourished and grow.
Gaby specialises in treating Irritable Bowel Syndrome and other digestive complaints, but she also treats a wide variety of other illnesses such as:
- period pain, PMT, fertility issues, menopausal problems
- anxiety & depression
- coughs, colds & flu; ear, nose, throat & sinus infections; asthma & hayfever
- skin complaints
- insomnia, sleep problems & chronic fatigue
- migraine & other headaches
What is Irritable Bowel Syndrome?
Irritable bowel syndrome, or IBS, is a functional disorder of the gastro-intestinal system. It is characterised by abdominal pain and changes in bowel habits where there is no specific pathological finding. The symptoms may include:
- change in stool frequency, form and/or appearance
- pain associated with more frequent and/or looser bowel movements
- pain relieved by going to the toilet
- constipation and/or diarrhoea with straining and/or urgency
- mucous in the stools
- abdominal bloating, distension, gas and/or pain
What Can You Do To Treat IBS?
Pay attention to your body - your bowels, digestive system, emotional state, sleep, etc - and try to pin point and avoid situations and foods that might trigger your IBS symptoms.
A fiber supplement may improve constipation and diarrhoea but start with a low dose to ensure it doesn't exacerbate your bloating and distention.
Make sure you are drinking enough water if you predominantaly experience constipation.
Avoid caffeine, alcohol and legumes.
Respect your bowels - make time to sit on the toilet for 5-10mins every morning even if youhave no urge to defecate.
Book a consultation with Gaby for an individualised treatment program.
What Does a Consultation Involve?
An initial consultation will last for about 1 hour and include:
- detailed case taking of your present health concerns
- a review of your personal and family medical history
- dietary and lifestyle assessment
- a review of associated body systems (eg. digestive, immune, nervous system, etc)
- physical assessments including tongue, nails and relevant body systems
- discussion of findings and formation of dietary and lifestyle plans
- dispensing of individualised supplements where needed
Gaby has at her disposal the use of herbs, nutritional supplements, homeopathic medicines, dietary & lifestyle advice and counselling. She will treat you with the tools best suited to your health complaint and your lifestyle.
She will work with you at a slow and steady pace to help make lasting changes that don't seem too overwhelming or restricting.
Gaby also offers a unique style of deep-tissue massage, including pressure point work, shiatsu, cupping and oiled massage.
Gaby is available Tuesday - Saturday, including evening appointments.
Gift vouchers and private health rebates are available.
Please feel free to contact Gaby if you would like to know more about her services and how they can benefit you.
Find Gaby Harris at
Aegis Natural Therapies
21 Gordon Gr
Ph: 0409 358 905
Qualification detailsB.H.Sc. - Naturopathy