Why Join the AMT?
Benefits of Joining the Association of Massage Therapy
Develop Your Skills
Members of AMT have access to discounted professional development opportunities, which include:
- Invitation to AMT's National Conference held annually in October
- Local members' events, workshops, and meetings
- Workshops led by international presenters
- Online educational events and webinars
AMT membership keeps you informed about developments in the massage therapy field through:
- the AMT blog
- AMT’s exclusive Facebook group
- AMT’s public Facebook page
- AMT Twitter feed
- AMT Instagram account
- Regular email updates and notifications
Members of AMT have ample opportunities to network and exchange information through:
- AMT’s Facebook group
- AMT member events, workshops, meetings and the annual conference
Be Truly Represented
You can be confident that, as a member of the Association of Massage Therapists, your membership fees are only used to advocate for the profession both at the state and national levels.
Members benefit profoundly from AMT’s in-house mentoring scheme, which aims to support you whether you are relatively new to the field or have years of experience.
As an AMT member, you can also access practise management resources and services like:
- Telephone advice
- Guides for professional practice
- Promo materials
- Fact sheets
- Pro forma client management documents
- Discounts on AMT workshops and events
- Access to provider numbers with the private health funds
Protect Your Practice
Through a partnership with Fenton Green, AMT members receive discounts on public liability insurance and professional indemnity.
However, with AMT, you can select your insurer rather than lock yourself into a particular underwriter.
Enhance Your Reputation
You gain the professional recognition and credibility that comes from being a member of a long-established and respected representative body.
An AMT membership has three practitioner levels, General Level, Senior Level One and Senior Level Two.
Graduates with the following qualifications are eligible for general membership:
- HLT42015 Certificate IV in Massage Therapy
- HLT40312/07 Certificate IV in Massage Therapy Practice
Senior Level One
Graduates who hold the following qualifications are eligible for Senior Level One membership:
- HLT52115 Diploma in Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) Remedial Massage
- HLT50112/07 Diploma in Traditional Chinese Medicine Remedial Massage (An Mo Tui Na)
- HLT52015 Diploma in Remedial Massage
- HLT50307 Diploma in Remedial Massage
- HLT50212/07 Diploma in Shiatsu and Oriental Therapies
- HLT52215 Diploma in Shiatsu and Oriental Therapies
Senior Level Two
Graduates with the following qualifications are eligible for Senior Level Two membership:
- 21920VIC/21511VIC Advanced Diploma in Remedial Massage (Myotherapy)
- 22316VIC/22248VIC Advanced Diploma in Myotherapy
- Advanced Diploma in Health Science (Soft Tissue Therapy)
Those interested in community membership include:
- AMT professional members who have retired or are no longer active
- AMT members who are not practising at the moment
- Non-practising partners of AMT members
- People who are interested in supporting the AMT
During maternity leave, AMT offers provisions to assist current members in maintaining their membership. In these circumstances, AMT will waive its annual renewal fee for two years.
For more information on the AMT's membership and eligibility requirements, you can call or visit their website.
Click on Send Me Details Now to get startedSend Me Details Now