Ananda Ayurvedic Wellness - Ayurveda
Ayurveda is a 5,000 year old-system of holistic and natural healing that has its origins in the Vedic culture of India. Ayurveda is known as the science of life (Ayur = life, veda = knowledge or science).
Its purpose is being to heal and to maintain the quality and the longevity of energy and of life. Ayurveda provides a profound understanding of each individual’s unique mind, body and consciousness which forms the foundations of happiness and of health.
In an Ayurvedic consultation the individual’s body constitution is determined through analysis of the physical body, physiological systems and mental state. Mental and physical imbalances are revealed through an extensive medical and personal history, including questions about profession, diet, relationships, exercise routines and mental health. A treatment program is then formulated which may include lifestyle and diet changes, Ayurvedic treatment therapies and Ayurvedic herbal medicine.
Ayurvedic Treatments include:
- Abhyanga (full body oil massage)
- Ruksha Swedana: A sudation therapy that uses dry heat with rock salt and herbs that are heated and formed into boluses which are then massaged onto specific areas of the body.
- Pinda Swedana: A sudation therapy that fills boluses with rices which has been cooked in a milk decoction and utilised to massage the entire body or the affected areas.
- Kati Basti (lower back therapy): A soothing treatment in which a dough made from wheat flour is prepared, formed into a ring and placed on the lumber region of the back.
- Netra Bast (Eye therapy): A rejuvenating and nourishing eye treatment where dough is prepared and placed in a ring around the eye. Then melted ghee is poured into a sealed reservoir and retained.
- Nasaya (nasal therapy): A facial massage and a facial steam that is administered to open up the channels and this is followed by the application of medication oil to the nostrils.
- Ayurvedic Facial
- Shirodhara: Is the gentle, continuous stream of warm oil to the 3rd eye and of the forehead.
For more information, click here.
Nearby PractitionersView all
Click on Send Me Details Now to get startedSend Me Details Now