Moonee Ponds Mind Body Health Centre
23 Gladstone st
Moonee Ponds VIC 3039
Servicing area: Melbourne, North, South , East , West Ascot vale, Essendon
Andrea Ormazabal is a registered Osteopath and a professional member of Osteopathy Australia.
Miss Andrea Ormazabal - REG. OSTEOPATH .
Dr. Andrea has worked as a health professional and clinician for more than two decades, experiencing health care through Nursing and Midwifery perspectives before transitioning into Osteopathy in 2007.
Additional post-graduate qualifications enabling Andrea to treat and assess musculoskeletal injuries across the lifespan from seniors right down to toddlers, pregnancy/postnatal related musculoskeletal complaints, workplace, ergonomics , sporting injuries, women’s and men’s health.
Expect a comprehensive Osteopathic consultation and treatment, focussing on the presenting complaint as well as a Hollistic approach encompassing : A physical examination, Orthopaedic assessment, workplace health & lifestyle factors, nutrition and Rehabilitation strategies are all inclusive.
When not at work Andrea enjoys World travel & Culture and keeping fit with her Dobermann. She is also fluent in the Spanish language, but is always keen to refine her conversational skills.
Andrea holds a Bachelor of Complementary Medicine and a Master of Osteopathy. A Graduate certificate in Occupational Health, Safety & Ergonomics enables a comprehensive approach to assessing, treating and supporting client's with workplace health and rehabilitation strategies.
Techniques utilizing Myofascial dry needling if clinically indicated can be utilized in conjunction with osteopathic treatment.
Dry Needling has been clinically indicated for myofascial pain referral and may assist in the management of chronic pain and fibromyalgia.
What we treat:
- arthritis associated pain & mobility restriction
- foot, ankle, hip, and knee pain
- back pain, neck pain, and sciatica
- hand, shoulder, and elbow pain
- tennis and golfer's elbow
- postural problems due to pregnancy, sports injury, driving or work strain
- No G.P Referral is required.
- Private Health - Osteopathy is covered under the 'Extras' scheme by major funds - HICAPS claim on the spot.
- Medicare Plan E.P.C. - Rebates available with G.P Referal.
- Services within The Moonee Ponds Mind-Body Health Center
- Links: https://www.facebook.com/OsteolinksOsteopathy/
For more information about the best services for your needs or to organise an appointment - just give us a call or visit our website.
- B.App.Sc.(Comp. Medicine) Master of Osteopathy
- B.A.Sc. Nursing, Graduate Diploma Midwifery Sc.
- Occupational Health, Safety & Ergonomics Grad. Cert
- Paediatric, Obstetric Post Grad courses.
- Newborn Behavioral Observational (NBO) system.
- Myofascial Trigger Point Dry Needling Certificate.
- Working with children check
- Annual Women's and Children's Health Update
- Newborn Safe Sleep Space
- Cultural competency training.
- Professional Member - Osteopathy Australia
- Spanish spoken