Find a Acupuncturist in your area
Member since 2008
Angelica and Ginseng Traditional Chinese Medicine
Want to find out my availability, pricing or opening hours? Click on Send Me Details Now to get started.
This practitioner is currently unavailable.
Gynecological issues, digestive problems, muscular injuries and general well being are some of the areas Louisa treats. She is a registered practitioner.
Health Rebates Available.
Health Rebates Available.
Angelica and Ginseng Traditional Chinese MedicineAbout Louisa Duckett
Louisa Duckett is a qualified practitioner of Traditional Chinese Medicine. She works with both acupuncture and herbal medicine, to provide you with the best possible treatment. She is a registered practitioner with AHPRA and a member of AACMA.
What Chinese Medicine can Treat
Chinese Medicine can treat a broad range of health problems from simple colds and flu to more chronic and serious imbalances. It is a holistic medicine that works on balancing your whole system by reducing stress, and regaining your vitality, so that you can maintain your health.
The Philosophy of Chinese Medicine
Traditional Chinese medicine is a system of healthcare whose origins span some 2000 years. Chinese medicine regards the body’s vital energy as fundamental to your health. Insufficient or stagnant energy leads to all kinds of health problems. We try to look at the underlying problem by assessisng your health issues alongside lifestyle, diet, and environment . Usually it is a combination of all these that contributes to sickness. A range of modalities are combined to rebalance your body. These include acupuncture, cupping, moxa, herbal medicine, dietary and lifestyle advice.
Meridians are the channels of energy that flow through the body. Acupuncture uses very fine single use needles that are inserted into specific points along meridians. This invigorates the circulation and can guide you back to health and vitality.
Herbal Medicine uses a combination of mainly plant, and mineral products. These provide strong nourishment, by slowly building the body’s strength, and balancing the internal organs.
Chinese medicine can treat a broad range of things. Some of these include:
- Womens’s health-painful periods, endometriosis, amenorrhea, heavy periods, polycystic ovaries.
- Support during pregnancy- back pain, tiredness, and irritability.
- Post- partum- recovery of vital energy after birth, mastitis, hairloss.
- Back pain/ Muscular injury
- Hay fever
Treatments are designed specifically for your condition. There are a range of treatments available.
- Herbal Medicine – A range of herbs are selected specifically to treat your condition. Raw herbs that are boiled to make a tea taste bitter, and earthy but are very effective in treating many problems. Pills and powders are also available.
- Acupuncture can be used to address pain in your body, re-harmonise and invigorate you back to health.
- Massage and cupping are also available to clear tension, improve circulation and enhance well- being.
- Dietary Therapy - Food plays an important role in maintaining optimum health. Louisa can advise you of the types of foods that suit you and your condition best.
For all enquiries please call 9388 8229 or 0413 763 896.