9A Hamilton St
Gisborne VIC 3437
Servicing area: Gisborne and Macedon Ranges, Victoria
As a Naturopath Anita can educate and provide you with an understanding of the influences affecting your health and gives you the necessary tools to enable you to achieve optimal health and wellbeing. These changes are supported by dietary and lifestyle adjustments, exercise and herbal, nutritional remedies.
Anita DiStasio Naturopath
Intrinsic Health & Healing
Anita has been in practise as a Naturopath for over 26 years, and combined with 34 years experience as a Registered Nurse, she has considerable practical experience of both orthodox and complementary medicine. She taught Health Sciences with the ACHH from 1998-2008, and lectured in Health Sciences and Nutrition at Holmesglen TAFE 2008-2009.
Along with being a Naturopath, Anita works as a Diabetes Nurse Educator. She has always had the passion and enthusiasm to help others help themselves, and focus on the prevention of disease. She is committed to continually upgrading her skills through courses and regular seminars.
Apart from taking a thorough case history, which includes looking at your dietary and lifestyle habits, and underlying health conditions, Anita is trained to utilise screening tools to help recognise how different signs and symptoms may relate to your health status. She works with you to develop an individual treatment program to improve your health. Any treatment program takes into account what the client is realistically able to manage at that time.
Some Screening Tools Offered At Clinic
- Vitality, Longevity and Healthy Ageing Program(VLA) – which allows me to assess body composition, health status, nutritional status and hydration levels.
- Oligoscan - an analyser or instrument that measures the amount of light emitted by a light source reflected from the skin to determine the concentration of an element in the skin. The cutting edge Oligoscan makes, in real time, a precise analysis of the minerals in the skin and peripheral blood vessels. No biopsy, blood or hair sample is needed. Oliogoscan uses Spectrophotometry to measure the optical density of the trace elements, minerals and heavy metals, currently present in tissues.
- Biofeedback Technologies (LIFE System)
- Fitgenes or Clinical Services Genetic Profiling - based on the science of how nutrition, exercise and lifestyle choices interact with your genes to influence your health and wellbeing. A simple, non-invasive saliva sample which is sent to the laboratory to profile. From the results, I design a personalised program and work with you to maximise your health potential.
- Zinc Tally – to evaluate the status of a client’s zinc levels
- Blood pressure monitoring
- Urinalysis including ionic heavy metal testing, pH
- Functional Pathology Testing – to check gut and liver health, hormonal health, allergies and intolerances, environmental, mental health
The Gisborne Clinic has a full Naturopathic and Homoeopathic dispensary.
Anita is especially interested in educating and providing you with an understanding of the influences affecting your health and giveing you the necessary tools to enable you to achieve optimal health and wellbeing. These changes are supported by dietary and lifestyle adjustments, exercise and herbal and nutritional remedies.
Her clinical experience covers a wide range of disorders from acute to the longer term chronic patterns of illness. However, Anita specializes in:
- all aspects of diabetes management, including prevention
- heart health including high blood pressure
- thyroid, hormone and metabolic imbalances, including weight management
- gastrointestinal conditions
- stress, anxiety and altered sleep patterns
- supporting people with cancer including help to deal with side effects of orthodox cancer treatment
Anita works in the Gisborne clinic alongside her husband, Dr Isaac Golden, one of Australia's most experienced Homoeopathic practitioners
Clinic Hours / Contact Numbers
Anita practises from 2 clinics:
Intrinsic Health & Healing - Gisborne
Ph. (03) 8538 1778 or 0438 359 206
Clinic hours are 9am to 5.30pm Wednesdays and Thursdays.
Riddells Creek by appointment only.
Ph. (03) 5427 0880 or 0438 359 206
670 Gap Road Riddells Creek is located 10 minutes from the Calder Freeway via New Gisborne.
Bachelor of Health Science (Comp. Med)
Diploma of Naturopathy
Diploma of Herbal Medicine
Registered Nurse Div 1
Diabetes Nurse Educator
Certified Fitgenes Practitioner
Vitality, Longevity and Healthy Ageing (VLA) Practitioner