0400 404 474
Level 1, Shop 5
14 Barker St
Griffith ACT 2603
Canberra City, Australian Capital Territory
Soothe Away Your Aches and Pains
and Perform At Your Best
Artemisia Natural Health Clinic - Massage Therapy
What is Massage Therapy?
Massage is the systematic and scientific manipulation of the soft tissues of the body for therapeutic purposes. As both a healing art and a science it can benefit every body. It has a broad range of applications and can assist in the treatment of common ailments such as tension headaches, stress, arthritis, lower back pain, sciatica and insomnia.
What Can I Expect in a Massage Therapy Session?
You and your practitioner begin your session by discussing your health status and whatever other issues you wish to address. Depending on your preferences and the treatment plan recommended by your practitioner, a number of different styles of massage techniques (or combinations thereof) may be used.
- Swedish or Relaxation Massage is a generalised form of treatment used to promote wellbeing, remove muscular tension and reduce stress.
- Remedial or Therapeutic Massage uses corrective techniques for rehabilitation, pain relief, improved muscle function and mobility.
- Sports Massage is used for injury prevention, pre and post sports event preparation and recovery, flexibility, endurance and increased performance.
- Specialty Massage includes Aromatherapy, Manual Lymphatic Drainage and Trigger Point Therapy. Each has their own treatment methodology and clinical indications.
- Sessions can run for 1, 1.5 and 2 hours depending on your preference and available time.
For more information about the best services for your needs or to organise an appointment - just give us a call!
Diploma of Remedial Massage (Tas) 1993
Diploma of Applied Science - Herbal Medicine (Qld. Instit. Nat. Sci) 2001
Diploma of Applied Science - Nutrition (Qld. Instit. Nat. Sci) 2001
Advanced Diploma of Applied Science- Naturopathy (Qld. Instit. Nat. Sci) 2001
Bachelor of Health Science (Complementary Medicine)- Charles Sturt
Reiki 1 and 2 (SA & WA) 1997 Reiki Master( ACT-2006)
Certificate of Reflexology 2001
Certificate of Shiatsu 2001
Bodytalk Modules: 1&2, 3, 4/7, 6, 9 and Parama Bodytalk Unit 1, TCM for Bodytalkers.
Professional member of ATMS and IBA