ATBodySense - Alexander Technique
What Is the Alexander Technique?
Alexander Technique teaches you to locate and eliminate unnecessary patterns of muscular tension and
collapse throughout the body. Your Alexander Technique practitioner will guide you through movements that establish new neurological pathways and effect fundamental change in the whole system.
Through teaching effective ways of using your body, Alexander Technique can help prevent pain, poor
posture and inhibited movement as well as unlock the potential for your body to perform more efficiently
Why Try An Alexander Technique Treatment?
Whether you are recovering from injury, illness or looking to enhance your performance, being aware of postural tension in everyday life is the first step to making your body work better for you.
Here at ATBodySense our Alexander Technique practitioners can help you use your body more efficiently and bring an awareness that leaves you free to take a step forward in your recovery or performance enhancement.
Issues That Can Be addressed
- Posture - improve posture naturally and gain freedom.
- Pain, illness and recovery - using Alexander Technique to help manage chronic pain, illness and aid recovery.
- Pre and post pregnancy - Alexander Technique can help you manage your changing body and recover after birth.
- General health and well-being - with Alexander Technique you can make your body work better for you; improving and sustaining your health and well-being.
- Performing artists - Alexander Technique teaches an efficiency of movement that paves the way to greater technical ability.
- Yoga - Alexander Technique looks at your individual structure to ensure you get the most out of your poses.
- Sports performance and injury - Alexander Technique can help with your overall sports performance as well as help in recovery of sports related injuries.
- Workplace injuries - Alexander Technique strategies for reducing workplace stress and strain.
What Makes Us Different?
Your Alexander Technique specialist will help identify areas of excess tension and collapse in your body that contribute to poor posture and use hands-on guidance and verbal explanations to help you achieve increased self-awareness and freedom of movement.
What To Expect At Your Appointment
Your Alexander Technique appointment will be tailored to your needs and may consist of one or more of the following:
- Looking at the way your stand and sit - an activity we do hundreds of times a week, standing and sitting is a great way to look at habits of tightening we are unaware of. Clients learn to identify ways of achieving good posture in standing and sitting that are easy, light and natural.
- We work with you lying on a table - a great way for reducing stress levels and helping our clients discover and eliminate layers of unnecessary tension.
- Looking at activities in our clients’ lives - we observe and give expert guidance on activities as diverse as public speaking, running, weight lifting, working at the computer and more. Whatever your interest or high frequency activity we can help you get your body working in harmony.