Athletic Soft Tissue Therapy
Ringwood North, Victoria
0419 536 733
Massage Therapy for Active People
Athletic Soft Tissue Therapy
About Me - David McCormack
David McCormack is a qualified Remedial & Myotherapist and has been in private practice for a number of years. He was a member of the Massage Team at the 2006 Melbourne Commomwealth Games and has worked with numerous sporting events, including Herald Sun Tours and with the AFL. He is constantly in demand by visiting international pro cycling teams, including the Belgium and Canadian National Teams. Committed to onging education, David has completed many post graduate courses, including Onsen Technique, a gentle method to correct structural deviations, and keeps up with the latest techniques and research developments.
Dip. Health Science (Massage)
Adv. Dip. Remedial Massage (Myotherapy)
Athletic Soft Tissue specialises in:
Musculoskeletal dysfunction and structural imbalances can occur in everyday life as well as athletic activites. The office worker, labourer, housewife or athlete can develop symptoms of overload and postural stress that can be both painful and debilitating.
- The treatment of musculoskeletal dysfunction.
- Assessment and correction of structural imbalances.
- The maintenance and recovery of athletic / employment performance.
- Programming of corrective exercise to rectify muscle imbalances and improve core stability.
- Reduction in Muscle Tightness / Soreness
Discover how, through our treatment protocol and maintenance programs, you can recover from painful symptoms faster and enhance your body awareness and general wellbeing.
Follow the lead from professional athletes and invest in a regular massage maintenance program and acquire that competitive edge that is necessary in all spheres of life.
- Soft Tissue Manipulation.
- Joint Mobilisation.
- Assisted Stretching.
- Dry Needling.
- Electro Therapies.
- Therapeutic Exercise.
- Work in conjunction with Sports Physicians, Physiotherapists and other Health Professionals.
Do you need a Referral?
You do not require a medical referral to be treated by a Myotherapist / Remedial massage therapist. However, we encourage you to advise your medical practitioner that you are receiving treatment.
Referrals are required if you are under WorkCover.
Your First Visit
- You should bring any referrals, x-rays or medical reports you may have which relate to your problem.
- You will be asked questions about your general health and history of your problem.
- You may be asked to define the areas which are painful or perform movements that aggravate your problem.
- You will then be assessed by comparing a range of movements against a standard protocol. The degree of variation noted and analysed to determine its nature and extent and a judgment made on the most appropriate treatment.
- A treatment plan will then be discussed with you.
- A the end of treatment you may be asked to complete some home activites such as stretching, strengthening exercises or, the application of heat or ice to aid your recovery.
Athletic Soft Tissue recommends Pilates as a form of exercise for maintaining core stability and improving strength, flexibility and stamina to maintain good posture. For more information on STABLE BASE PILATES click here or call 9888 4403.
Call David today on 0419 536 717, or 'Make an Enquiry' below, to find out more about his therapies, or to book in your first appointment.