Park Orchards VIC 3114
Servicing area: Park Orchards, Warranwood, Ringwood, Warrandyte, Donvale, Doncaster, Mitcham, Croydon, Eastern VIC
Authentic Man™ - Professional Counselling for Individuals & Couples
Falling in love is easy. Staying in love is a challenge. Many of us don't know how to maintain good relationships. The truth is relationships need to be nurtured and require work.
Dance me to your beauty
with a burning violin
Dance me through the panic
till I'm gathered safely in
Lift me like an olive branch
and be my homeward dove
Dance me to the end of love
- Leonard Cohen
“The biggest predictor of your happiness and fulfillment overall in life is, basically, love.” Melanie Curtin on Inc.
For over 75 years, Harvard’s Grant and Glueck Study has tracked the physical and emotional health of two groups:
• 456 poor people in Boston from 1939 to 2014 (the Grant Study)
• 268 graduates from Harvard’s classes of 1939–1944 (the Glueck study)
After following these groups and testing them (e.g., blood samples, brain scans) for several decades, the findings have been compiled.
Here’s the conclusion:
“The clearest message that we get from this 75-year study is this: Good relationships keep us happier and healthier. Period.” — Robert Waldinger, director of the Harvard Study of Adult Development
Close relationships, more than money or fame, are what keep people happy throughout their lives, the study revealed. Those ties protect people from life’s discontents, help to delay mental and physical decline, and are better predictors of long and happy lives rather than social class, IQ, or even genes.
Although the Harvard study lays the foundation, there is other compelling research on the importance of human relationships. This meta analysis showed a 50% increased likelihood of survival for participants with stronger social relationships. Put simply, if you have healthy relationships, your chances of survival increase by 50%.
Nearly everything in life is impacted by WHO is around you, and how those people support you.
SELF-AWARENESS and YOUR RELATIONSHIPS
Counselling provides the opportunity to gain a deeper understanding of yourself and your relationships. In a safe and supportive environment, you will be encouraged to cultivate self-awareness that helps you understand more about who you are and why you experience life the way you do. From this position of greater self-understanding, you will be able to make choices that create a happier and healthier life for you and those around you.
You will explore topics such as emotions, understanding patterns in relationships, life goals, family influences, personality styles and dealing with conflict. You will also explore communication and relationship-building skills.
Gain INSIGHT into:
- Recognising who you are as a individual and who you are in a relationship with others
- Understanding how your relationship expectations have formed and what you currently value in your life and in your relationships
- Different relationship and communication styles
- How to establish healthy and satisfying relationships
Develop SKILLS in:
- Communicating your needs assertively and respectfully
- Dealing with conflict
- Managing your emotions and understanding the emotions of others.
Enriching Your Relationships
Relationships can be exciting and great fun, but they usually require hard work as well!
Sessions are offered for couples or individuals based on the latest research on what makes relationships succeed or fail, allowing you the opportunity to review your relationship, to extend and deepen it, or if required, to undertake some necessary repairs.
Counselling can HELP you:
- Understand what makes people good at the art of intimate relating
- Understand how relationships disintegrate - even when you don't expect it
- Know how to strengthen your love and admiration for each other
- See clearly how your way of dealing with conflict may make it worse
- Find better ways of dealing with unsolved problems
- Have more strategies for heading off fights
- Know how to manage strong emotions more effectively
- Be more aware of your preferred "language of love".
Counselling can RENEW your Relationship if:
- You and your partner argue about the same old topics over and over
- You feel angry, misunderstood, resentful and hurt
- You would like to improve your relationship but it feels too difficult to do
- You or your partner have considered separation or divorce, yet you want your relationship to last
My aim is for you to have a Rewarding Counselling Experience.
By using a client-centered, empathic approach, and drawing on the latest international clinical research in relationship counselling approaches, I will fully support you in exploring how you can build and maintain the relationship of your dreams.
I am committed to inspiring you to discover and experience a satisfying and rewarding life, fulfilling personal relationships, along with optimal health and wellbeing.
You will find renewed hope! You will learn how to release old patterns and cycles of negative thoughts, feelings and behaviour, and to learn new, healthy ways of relating to your partner, which will lead you to experience a renewed, positive and powerful sense of Self .
You will learn how to become the major source of ongoing support and encouragement for yourself, and your life and relationships will begin to change in positive ways.
"Wellness seeks more than the absence of illness; it searches for new levels of excellence. Beyond any disease-free neutral point, wellness dedicates its efforts to our total well-being - in body, mind, and spirit." - Greg Anderson
Live your life with more energy, feel more confident and maintain a positive outlook. You can be happy, healthy, and follow your dreams!
What does it take to be an Authentic Man? Men are being challenged more today than ever to measure up and be accountable for their gender. How was masculinity modeled to you, and what does healthy masculinity look like? What do you need to change to live your life in the rich fullness of Authentic Manhood ?