Servicing area: Sutherland, New South Wales
Autism Spectrum Disorder is now diagnosed in 1 in 150 Australian children. Attention Deficit Disorders affects 12% of children in Australia (Social Trends of 2006, Australian Bureau of Statistics). Similar statistics are found elsewhere in the world indicating an increasing incidence of these disorders.
Click Here to order your copy of Autism Spectrum Disorders
The latest research confirms the major systems affected in neurological and behavioral disorders include the nervous, gastrointestinal and immune systems.
Individuals diagnosed with these disorders often present with underlying food allergy and intolerances along with reactions to food additives and environmental toxins.
The crucial first step is to implement an effective diet program that identifies and removes the foods and additives which are compromising their health and development. This lays a solid foundation for the success of other therapies.
This book provides a step by step guide for families and practitioners in implementing an effective diet therapy program.
416 pages in all, it provides:
- background theory and scientific research on the relationship between allergies, food intolerances and Autism;
- advice on getting started with your own diet therapy program;
- recipes to use;
- online and mail order resources throughout Australia;
- easy-to-follow tables providing information on drugs, foods and additives that may affect these children and adults;
- motivation and encouragement from a practitioner and parent who work with and care for children and adults with these disorders.
Judith has a Science Degree with majors in Haematology and Immunology. She has worked both in clinical laboratories and in medical research (organ transplantation, cancer research-melanoma and neurobiology).
Judith is now a qualified Naturopath graduating in 1998 from the Australasian College of Natural Therapies in Sydney. She now specializes in ASD, ADD/HD and chronic diseases. The therapies she uses in her practice include diet management (gluten/casein free), homeopathy and flower essences.
Her dream is to be a bridge between orthodox and alternative healing where respect and understanding can flourish.