What is Naturopathy?
Naturopathy is a holistic approach to wellness based on the principle that the body has the inherent ability to heal itself. Using the healing power of nature and gentle therapeutic techniques, the body, mind and emotions are supported during the healing process.
Naturopathic principles are based on treating each person as an individual and treating the whole person, not just the affected area.
Naturopathy encompasses a variety of treatment methods including:
- Herbal Medicine to help prevent and treat various illnesses
- Dietary and Nutritional advice for restoration of balance, detoxification and prevention of disease
- Lifestyle advice to promote well-being and to reduce stress
- Hydrotherapy using the healing power of water to stimulate the immune system and the body's natural defences
- Flower essences to enhance the emotional aspect of healing
- The use of compresses and packs to stimulate organ function and to reduce pain
- Soft tissue manipulation to rebalance the body's systems, to reduce pain and to enable detoxification.
Naturopathy can alleviate a wide range of conditions and is suitable for all ages. However, you do not need to be unwell to benefit from naturopathy.
Naturopathic treatments boost the body’s natural healing potential, restoring harmony and preventing disease.
There is so much information available about
- What food is good for you
- What food is bad for you
- This herb, that vitamin etc etc etc
Some of the information will be helpful – some not!
How do you know if a Naturopath can help you, and who should you see?
We are all very much individual – with varying causative factors combining to cause our discomfort, distress and disease. Treatment needs to be specific for your particular needs! “There is no one size fits all”
And No! You do not have to:-
You need someone who will be able to
- take a long list of supplements
- be an elite athlete
- have a boring diet
- to regain and enjoy good health
How long before I can expect improvement?
- collect all relevant information
- organise appropriate tests
- be precise
- to bring together a treatment plan
- in a realistic time frame
- that is doable
- and one that will achieve the best possible results.
This will depend on the individual and the type of health issues.
In acute complaints such as the cold or flu – within hours to one day
In chronic conditions; within 4 – 6 weeks. Chronic health complaints are particularly well suited to naturopathic treatment.
Accurate prescribing will mean:-
Recommendations / Supplements / Herbs that:-
- Are not contra-indicated or interfere in any way with medical management
- May assist medical management to
- Optimise results
- Minimise the drift towards the need for stronger medication
- Allow a reduction in medication (in consultation with your doctor only)
- Prevent the need for medical drugs
- Successful outcomes
Naturopathic and Preventative Medicine at its best.
Suitable for all ages and scope-extensive.
Ring to make an appointment to find out how we can help you today.
No obligation. We aim to meet your needs.
Ring Jenny & Emilio at Benalla Health Studio 03 5762 2919
To give you an idea of the scope of successful naturopathic treatment. The following is a list of a few of the symptoms/conditions that I help people with every day.
What might I expect with my naturopathic consultation?
- Recurring infections, colds, flu, glandular fever, sinusitis, asthma, eczema.
- Stress, anxiety, insomnia, fatigue, depression, headaches, migraine.
- Allergy, food sensitivities, children’s behavioural and learning difficulties.
- Stomach, bowel complaints, reflux, I.B.S., Crohn’s disease, coeliac, ulcerative colitis.
- Weight, diabetes
- Hormonal and fertility issues, P.M.T., Endometriosis, P.C.O.S, low sperm count.
- Cardiovascular health, poor circulation, varicose veins.
- Kidney, bladder issues, recurring urinary tract infections, benign prostate enlargement.
- Liver, gall bladder complaints
- Muscular skeletal complaints, gout, arthritis.
Your consultation will include:
From this information:
- A detailed case history including
- Past and present symptoms
- Medical history and medical diagnosis (where appropriate)
- Prescribed medication
- Non prescription medication including nutritional and/or herbal supplements
- Environmental factors (work environment, exposure to chemicals, toxins etc)
- Lifestyle – Dietary, exercise, sleep, stress etc
- Family history of appropriate.
- Iridology Analysis
- Functional pathology testing (where necessary, Saliva, Urine, Blood)
- Hair analysis (where necessary)
An individualised treatment plan will be provided which may include:-
- Dietary, lifestyle suggestions
- Individual prescribed and dispensed herbal medicine via tablet or liquid
- Nutritional supplements, homeopathic or flower essences
- Clear dosage instructions
What is Homeopathy?
Homeopathy is an effective and scientific system of healing which assists the natural tendency of the body to heal itself. It recognises that all symptoms of ill health are expressions of disharmony within the whole person and that it is the patient who needs treatment not the disease.
As a new patient, these ideas may be new to you, but homoeopathy has been established for about 200 years.
In 1796 a German doctor, Samuel Hahnemann, discovered a different approach to the cure of the sick which he called homoeopathy (from the Greek words meaning ‘similar suffering’). Like Hippocrates two thousand years earlier he realised that there were two ways of treating ill health, the way of opposites and the way of similar’s.
Take for example, a case of insomnia. The way of opposites, (conventional medicine or allopathy), is to treat this by giving a drug to bring on the artificial sleep. This frequently involves the use of large or regular doses of drugs which can sometimes cause side effects or addiction.
The way of similar’s, the homeopathic way, is to give the patient a minute dose of a substance, such as coffee, which in large doses causes sleeplessness in a healthy person. Perhaps surprisingly this will enable the patient to sleep naturally.
Homoeopathic remedies cannot cause side effects and you cannot become addicted to them. This is because only a very minute amount of the active ingredient is sued in a specifically prepared form.
Your homeopath will give you a homoeopathic medicine or remedy which matches your symptoms as you experience them. This also takes account of you as a person – your individual characteristics emotionally as well as physically.
Bach/Bush Flower Remedies
Flower essences are subtle liquid extracts taken in oral form, which are used to address profound issues of emotional well-being, soul development, and mind-body health.
While the use of flowers for healing has many ancient antecedents, the precise application of flower essence for specific emotions and attitudes was first developed by English physician Dr. Edward Bach, in the 1930’s. Today, flower essences are gaining worldwide professional recognition for their significant contribution to holistic health and wellness programs.
How do they help?
In today’s society we tend to live in stressful lifestyles with little time for ourselves. Stress can be a catalyst to many discomforts to our physical being Essential oils can help relieve many common physical ailments as well as help us maintain emotional stability.
is considered one of the most important methods of applying essential oils.
what better way to relax after a long day at work.
Oil diffusers are an easy and effective way to dispense essential oils.
This is a great way to clear blocked noses.
This is a very effective way of using essential oils to relieve pain, swelling and reduce inflammation. Hot compresses are often used to reduce pain of a chronic nature. Cold compresses can be sued to address acute pain.