Professional Organisation for Bowtech Practitioners & Instructors
Servicing areaHamilton Central, Queensland
Established in 1998, a group of practitioners and instructors who had trained at Bowen Therapy Academy of Australia and with Ossie and Elaine Rentsch found the Bowen Association of Australia.
With the Association, practitioners will have formal recognition and a unified voice on issues concerning spreading the great word about Bowen Technique throughout Australia.
By obtaining formal recognition, the Association can also get insurance coverage more easily, and at a group discount.
Bowen Therapists in Australia are supported and guided by the Association and are recognised professionally as Registered Bowen Therapists.
Furthermore, the Association acts as a liaison between the practitioner and the Bowen Therapy Academy of Australia and the affiliated Bowen Training Australia.
The Association is dedicated to educating and training people in the Bowen Technique and to funding research in this field.
As part of its mission, the association strives to keep its members informed and updated through quarterly newsletters, upcoming workshops, and holding a two-day workshop held in conjunction with each AGM.
Aims of the BAA
- Encourage the teaching of Bowtech®, the Bowen Technique, in Australia.
- Educate and train people in the Bowen Technique to the highest standards.
Represent the interests of practitioners at all levels of the Bowen Technique.
- Facilitate cooperation and communication between Bowen Technique practitioners in Australia and overseas.
- Establish and maintain the highest professional standards of conduct and practice among its members through education, training, codes of ethics and conduct, and disciplinary procedures.
- Sponsor education and research in all areas related to Bowtech, the Bowen Technique
- Encourage publication of education and research results, and to facilitate the exchange of knowledge.
- Facilitate the acquisition of professional indemnity insurance and other appropriate coverages.
- Organise seminars, conferences, and other activities to facilitate discussion of matters relevant to practitioners of Bowtech®, the Bowen Technique.
- Assist associations, organisations, councils, or other organisations that provide or are otherwise connected with health care and services to the Australian Government, Local Authorities, Health Authorities, Registration Authorities, or other bodies with an interest in health care.
- Publication and printing of publications such as newspapers, periodicals, books, leaflets, and other materials as the committee or members in general meetings may deem necessary for the promotion of the Association's purposes.
- Establish and support other organisations formed for any of the Association's basic objectives, or to aid in their establishment or support.
- Monday: 10:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Tuesday: 10:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Wednesday: 10:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Thursday: 10:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Friday: 10:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed
Contact the BAA today or visit their website to learn more.
Click on Send Me Details Now to get startedSend Me Details Now