Brisbane Chi Gong and Tai Chi
Currently we run classes on Saturdays at 8am opposite the Grange library, corner of Sellheim Street and Lanham Avenue.
Corporate classes are available on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 10am-10:30am - other times by mutual agreement.
Personalised classes are on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 10:30am-11:00am - and are available at other times, by mutual agreement - just enquire and we will see what works.
About Chi Gong and Tai Chi
Chi Gong and Tai Chi use a variety of simple body movements in a standing position, combined with mindful focus and breathing. The Golden Wings style used is a special set of exercises developed by International Best-Selling Author and Spiritual Teacher, Mike Robinson. These exercises maintain health, and promote healing and vitality.
This article pulled together the results of 77 different studies into Chi Gong and Tai Chi.
The evidence showed that Chi Gong and Tai Chi significantly assisted with:
- Better bone health
- Improved cardiopulmonary fitness and related biomarkers
- Decreased cortisol (stress hormone) levels
- Falls prevention
- Improved balance
- Improved immune functioning
- Reduced depression and anxiety
- Increased self-confidence
This review also noted that Chi Gong and Tai Chi worked just as well as other conventional treatments:
- It was as effective as resistance training classes in improving muscle strength, balance, and falls.
- It was comparable to educational classes in improving self-esteem outcomes
- It was as effective as aerobic exercise classes for reducing depression
- As you can see, Chi Gong and Tai Chi have been shown to be of great benefit to physical and mental health.
For all enquiries contact us today!