Find a Naturopath in your area
BDHH: Naturopathy Lilydale
This practitioner is currently unavailable.
Are you interested in improving your overall health but don’t know where to start?
About What I Do
Orthodox medicine has its place and is undeniably the first line of treatment in many acute and emergency medical situations. However, these situations make up only a small percentage of medical issues. Often medical cases are complex and require ongoing management in both treatment and prevention.
This is where naturopathic medicine comes in.
Naturopathy presents a holistic approach to healthcare that aims to improve and optimise the health of the whole person. It has a strong emphasis on prevention and education and is particularly effective in the treatment of chronic diseases. We utilise in-depth clinical histories, functional pathology and other physical tests to tap into the body’s own self-healing capabilities. Using symptoms as clues, we seek to understand the underlying cause of the condition with the aim of bringing the patient back to optimal health.
Naturopaths promote healthy, clean living through the use of researched herbal medicines, supplements and nutritional and lifestyle modifications tailored to the patient’s specific condition and circumstance. From acute infections to chronic disease, we can help with a variety of conditions such as:
- Digestive issues e.g. IBS, Food allergy/intolerances, reflux
- Nervous system disorders e.g. depression, anxiety, insomnia, headaches/migraines, fatigue
- Acute infections e.g. common cold
- Hormonal imbalances e.g. menopause, PMS, period pain
- Endocrine disorders e.g. thyroid issues, diabetes, weight loss
- Liver disease and detoxification
- Autoimmune diseases and poor immunity
- Paediatrics e.g. colic, teething, constipation, ADHD
- Musculoskeletal e.g. fibromyalgia, osteoarthritis, osteoporosis, RA and other inflammatory disorders
- Skin conditions e.g. eczema, psoriasis, acne
- Cardiovascular e.g. hypertension, CVD, high cholesterol