Cairns Sports & Remedial Massage - Low Level Laser Therapy
Low Level (or Cold) Laser Therapy
One in five Australians live with chronic pain, pain costs the Australian economy an estimated $34 billion each year.
Cold laser (or “Low Level Laser”) is a therapy widely used by practitioners to complement other therapies and treatments, including Physiotherapy, Acupuncture, Chiropractic and Massage Therapy.
Low Level Laser Therapy (LLLT) employs low intensity lasers and light emitting diodes (LEDs) at the infrared and visible red wavelengths to bring relief to pain and lower the inflammation caused by damaged tissue. Low level laser light particles (photons), penetrate the tissue via the skin to a specific depth, which depends on the wavelength. Low-intensity laser light produces no heat. It works at the cellular level by supporting the body's healing process.
Low Level Laser Therapy can offer the following benefits:
- Relieve muscle and joint pain
- Speed healing
- Reduce swelling
- Promote relaxation of muscle to alleviate spasms
- Relieve stiffness
- Improve mobility and function
Low Level Laser Therapy is efficacious for the treatment of pain :
- Non-invasive, non-surgical treatment
- Complements other treatments including: Massage, Physiotherapy, Chiropractic and Acupuncture
- Applied directly to the site of pain or wound
Click on Send Me Details Now to get startedSend Me Details Now