CENTRE OF HEALTH - Physiotherapy & Chinese Medicine
Servicing areaIvanhoe, Thornbury, Preston & Fairfield, Northcote, Fitzroy, central, northern and eastern suburbs, Melbourne VIC
Welcome to the Centre of Health Physiotherapy & Chinese Medicine Clinic.
We are dedicated to helping people with complex and difficult health issues by offering an in depth, holistic approach to your health. When you are ill or in pain you really need someone to hear your story. Good history taking is a vital part of establishing a holistic diagnosis.
Extended consultations allow plenty of time for our caring and experienced practitioners to perform a thorough assessment and establish the possible causes of your condition.
Our integrated approach ensures youll receive the benefits of both Western and Chinese Medicine providing: Physiotherapy, Traditional Chinese Medicine, Massage, Acupuncture, Chinese Herbal Medicine, Manipulation, Dry Needling, Myotherapy, Pilates, Tai Qi and Yoga therapy.
Who Do We See?
Our practitioners tend to people of all ages from a diverse range of communities and from all walks of life: seniors; students; families; children; workers of all professions and those who are not working for various reasons.
We specialize in health issues affecting many athletes; musicians; performing artists; circus performers and acrobats; martial arts practitioners; shift workers; particular oncology patients, and people undergoing rehabilitation.
Why should you choose the Centre of Health Clinic Ivanhoe?
- Because we listen, we care, and were really good at what we do.
- You wont waste time & money because we get results by going to the cause of the problem
- Onsite parking is provided for your convenience
- After work hours and weekend appointments are available
- HICAPS & EFTPOS facilities are available
- Multiple modalities can be used in consultations when required
- Our practitioners work closely together ensuring a collaborative team approach to your health
- Extended consultation ensures detailed examination
- We have over 50 years of combined experience, including extensive overseas and lecturing experience
- Our clinic has a peaceful and calm setting
- We stock all forms of herbal medicine, including pills, granules, capsules and raw herbs. We prescribe and prepare medicine on the spot, according to your individual needs and preference
- Finest quality acupuncture equipment for your comfort and safety
- The Physiotherapists are qualified in Pilates and Gym instruction
- Friendly and helpful front desk staff with arts/health backgrounds
- Family friendly clinic children are welcome
- Disabled access unrestricted access and assistance no matter what
Meet our Practitioners:
Matthew Radford - (B App Sc (Physiotherapy); B App (Chinese Medicine)
is the founder of the Centre of Health, Ivanhoe.
A Physiotherapist, Acupuncturist and Traditional Chinese Medicine Doctor with over 25 years of clinical experience, Matts holistic combination of Eastern and Western Medicine enables his patients to access unique solutions for a comprehensive range of acute and chronic health problems. His practice extends to treating families, elite athletes, professional dancers, acrobats and performers, fellow health practitioners, office workers, shift workers, students and others who are juggling multiple commitments of work, study and/or family.
Matt has worked and studied in China, and has lectured at RMIT University, Melbourne University, Southern School of Natural Therapies and has also provided student placements and mentoring. He was one of the first qualified Pilates instructors in Australia, and is qualified to teach the ground breaking Wim The Iceman Hof breathing technique which he practices daily and shares with particular patients.
In keeping with a holistic approach to life and health, Matt is also a surfer, musician and father.
His practice hours are Monday, into the early evening: Tuesday til 3pm; Wednesday afternoon/evening, Friday and alternating Saturdays.
Milos Zika - B App Sc (Physiotherapy)
- Sports Massage Therapist
- Dry Needling Practitioner
- Personal Trainer
- Rehabilitation Program Specialist
Milos is an experienced Physiotherapist who is a qualified Gym Instructor and Personal Trainer. He has a special interest in treating sports injuries and rehabilitation. Milos offers a highly personalised and targeted health care plan, and has years of experience working in gyms and health education.
In keeping with Centre of Health's holistic philosophy, Milos has a keen interest in permaculture and natural building techniques and has done several trips to work as a volunteer therapist in a remote village clinic in India. He is currently building his own tiny house and teaches a range of related skills in formal training settings.
He is available on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday.
Graeme Hodges B App Sc (Chinese Medicine, Adv Dip (Myotherapy), Grad Dip Health Industry MGT)
- Chinese Herbal Medicine Practitioner
- Tui Na Massage Therapist
- Certified mBIT (i.e. multiple brain integration techniques) Coach
Graeme is a Myotherapist and Doctor of Chinese Medicine with over 25 years of experience in China and Australia, whose treatment philosophy is based upon first gaining an in-depth understanding of your presenting condition and the various factors contributing to your current health and wellbeing. Treatment may include the tailored use of Acupuncture, Chinese Herbal Medicine and/or Myotherapy, a hands-on neuro-musculoskeletal therapy, as well incorporating practical lifestyle, dietary and postural advice, with home exercises.
He is available on Saturday mornings by appointment.
HICAPS, EFTPOS and CREDIT CARD facilities are available, allowing you to claim your Private Health Insurance Rebate on-site.
CAR PARKING available on-site & along Banksia Street.
All practitioners at Centre of Health are university qualified, registered and experienced professionals.
WHERE ARE WE?
201 Banksia St Ivanhoe, 100m from the corner of Waterdale Road & Banksia, between Waterdale Road & Osney avenue.
Nearby PractitionersView all
Click on Send Me Details Now to get startedSend Me Details Now
- Beauty Therapy
- Children's Health
- Deep Tissue Massage
- Dry Needling
- Herbal Medicine
- Men's Health
- Myofascial Release Therapy
- Natural Fertility Management
- Remedial Massage
- Remedial Therapies
- Sports Injury Therapy
- Sports Massage
- Swedish/Relaxation Massage
- Tai Chi
- Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM)
- Trigger Point Therapy
- Weight Loss
- Women's Health