Physiotherapists, Myotherapists, Podiatrists and Acupuncturists
With a mission to provide the highest quality of care through individualised evidence-based treatment plans and direct communication with other qualified health care practitioners, Coastal Balance Physiotherapy and Clinical Pilates aims to ensure the best results for all patients.
It is their goal to provide you with personalised service in an environment that is both friendly and relaxing. The clinic is the only one in Torquay that offers these services:
- Individually prescribed Pilates classes supervised by a registered physiotherapist
- Ultrasound assessments to monitor in real-time the recruitment of the core and pelvic floor muscles
- Treatment and assessment provided by a skilled musculoskeletal physiotherapist
You will receive your physiotherapy treatment in a private treatment room on a one-to-one basis, so you will not find your physiotherapist rushing or trying to fit in multiple patients.
Initial consultations are 45 minutes long, while follow-up appointments take 30 minutes. Should your injury or condition be quite complex, you can also schedule a 45-minute follow-up consultation.
Acupuncture / Dry Needling
The purpose of acupuncture is to promote natural healing, improve energy, decrease pain, and improve the function of the affected areas of the body. Many people successfully use it instead of medications or even surgery because of its safeness and efficacy. Acupuncture often provides relief when traditional medical treatments have failed.
The focus of clinical Pilates is on “controlling” movement through specific functional postures rather than pure physical strength. The aim is to retrain normal movement patterns disrupted by pain.
Because the resistance springs are gentle, the Pilates system is suitable for all ages and conditions, ensuring low impact during controlled movement sequences.
Prior to setting up your first exercise and examining your form, your physiotherapist will assess your key physical findings and ask you how you've been feeling since your last session.
The following conditions can benefit from Clinical Pilates:
- Neck and upper back injuries
- Acute and chronic low back pain
- Lumbopelvic instability
- Pre and postnatal pain
- Chronic pain conditions
- Recurring sports injuries
- Postural problems
- Sports-specific performance and fitness level
A physiotherapist begins treatment with a comprehensive health history and physical assessment of your injury. This may involve observing your posture, active movements, range of motion, and muscle function.
After your physiotherapist has performed this examination, he or she will establish a diagnosis and work together with you to design a customised treatment program and prognosis tailored to your individual needs.
Physiotherapy is effective for treating these conditions:
- Neck and back pain
- Sports injuries
- Pregnancy-related pain
- Chronic pain syndromes
- Overuse injuries
- Postural dysfunctions
The following treatments may be used:
- Patient education
- Joint mobilisation or manipulation
- Soft tissue work, including massage or myofascial release
- Muscular retraining
- Postural re-education
- Anatomical acupuncture
- Real-time ultrasound imaging
- Clinical Pilates principles
With Real-Time Ultrasound, your physiotherapist and you can view the deepest muscles in your abdominal core, pelvic floor, hip and groin area.
It is an essential part of your rehabilitation for low back, pelvic, hip, and groin pain since many of the “control” or stabilising muscles in these four areas can stop working properly when you’re experiencing pain.
Now, Coastal Balance also provides diagnostic and treatment services for women’s health problems, including:
- low back pain
- pelvic girdle pain
- carpal tunnel
- lower limb swelling
- blocked ducts and mastitis
- exercise prescription
- pelvic floor dysfunction
- abdominal separation
- rehab classes focusing on the pelvic floor, abdominal and functional strength
- Urinary and faecal incontinence
- Pelvic sling surgery
- Bone health
Contact the clinic now for any enquiries or bookings!
We're open 5 days.
|9:00 am||To||8:30 pm|
|9:00 am||To||5:00 pm|
|7:00 am||To||8:00 pm|
|8:00 am||To||9:00 pm|
|8:00 am||To||7:30 pm|
- Bachelor of Health Science In Chinese Medicine
- Bachelor In Physiotherapy
- Bachelor of Health Science
- Certified Yoga Teacher
- Master of Science In Physiotherapy
- Bachelor of Science In Human Biology
- Master of Podiatric Practice
- Bachelor In Kinesiology
- Master of Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy
- Advanced Diploma of Myotherapy
- Stott Pilates® Matwork Practitioner
- DMA Clinical Pilates Level 1-4
- Pilates Practitioner
- Pilates Mentor
Click on Send Me Details Now to get startedSend Me Details Now