The practice of Chinese medicine is now a government-regulated profession in Australia.
David Freeland - Chinese Medicine
TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine) includes Chinese herbal medicine, acupuncture and a unique method of massage therapy, that is called tuina.
Chinese medicine is a holistic and comprehensive form of medicine that has been constantly evolving for more than 2000 years in China. We are able to utilise TCM in combination with Western bio-medicine or alongside a range of other natural therapies or by itself. It has 3 core modalities that can be utilised to treat a wide range of health conditions.
- Acupuncture: Acupuncture is utilised to stimulate your body’s own innate self-healing abilities and mechanisms with fine-sterile needles to restore your inner balance and promote health.
- Chinese Herbal Medicine: Medicinal plant extracts are combined to enhance or balance each other so as to meet your individual and specific requirements. Chinese herbal medicine treats your whole being, not just the disease.
- Cupping, Spooning (Guasha), Liniments, Oils and Plasters: It has been utilised in Chinese medicine for more than 1000 years to disperse congestion, loosen muscles and help to stimulate the flow of blood. Cupping, liniments, fragrant oils and herbal plasters are used with acupuncture or tuina.
- Moxibustion: Utilising localised heat to stimulate acupuncture points for specific purposes.
- Tuina (Chinese Massage Therapy): Combines acupressure with deep tissue massage, trigger point release, joint mobilisation, qi gong, meridian stretching and much more to enhance the effects of acupuncture.
Appointments at the Miranda location only can be made online here.
For more information, click here.