Manual Lymph Drainage and Combined Decongestive Therapy
Debby Wright - Manual Lymph Drainage
MLD & CDT is practised on a table without the use of oils …
- Gentle, circular, rhythmical relaxation and remedial techniques
- Working with the lymphatic system to stimulate fluid movement
- CDT, compression bandaging and other associated therapies for effective lymphoedema management
Some of the many benefits of this technique:
- Stimulate removal of toxins and cellular debris
- Speedier reduction of swelling and therefore speedier and more efficient healing from sprains and post operative procedures ( and their accompanying pain!).
- Feeling lighter in body and clearer in the mind even after one treatment.
- The gentle and rhythmical techniques effect the ‘fight or flight reflex’ bringing it to the ‘rest and digest phase’, resulting in a profoundly relaxing side effect.
- Can reduce or remove nagging aches left over from old injuries with scar tissue and congestion.
- Neck, shoulder, head and facial MLD as a treatment on its own leaves you feeling lighter and brighter.
- A course of treatment with increased frequency of neck and facial MLD can be used to treat acne.
- On its own or combined with earcandling MLD is great for clearing some types sinus congestion.
- Assists in the recovery of liposuction treatments and other cosmetic procedures.
- MLD plays an important part of the overall treatment of Lymphoedema and lipoedema.
Call me today to discuss which massage style would benefit, or to book your first appointment!