Angela Kirby - Art Therapy & Counselling
Servicing areaAdelaide, South Australia & Interantionally
Why Try Art Therapy?
Art Therapy is a tool for everyone, including those who consider they have no artistic skills. You don't have to tackle your issues alone, I can help you have a better quality of life. I offer guidance & a safe environment for you to share your concerns.
What Do I Do?
- I use a simple and yet affective approach to counselling. Where you wont be judged or under pressure
- I use various forms of relaxation as a part of the counselling, and are considered tools for the ongoing use of each of my clients
- I am a professional Art Therapist & Counsellor and I am experienced in working with people from all walks of life both individually and in workshops
Who Can Benefit From Art Therapy?
- Managers & staff under pressure
- People who are generally stressed & overworked
- People with mental health problems
- People with learning difficulties
- Young people who have problems with personal problems at home or at school
- People who feel they are problem free but would like the opportunity to explore issues within themselves.
What Skills Do You Need?
Absolutely none. Exploration with a variety of art & non art materials and guidance from me in exploring the issues in concern, it's about the process.
What Makes Angela Different?
Angela's has worked as a Counsellor for close to 2 decades, on an individual basis in a private and confidential setting. Exploring difficulties a client is currently facing and feelings of distress and dissatisfaction in their life.
She provides a safe environment, listening to and encouraging her clients to think clearly about their situation and considering a new perspective. This is not about giving advice or directing her clients to a solution but assisting her client to choose freely a way forward by reducing confusion and promoting a clear understanding of their perspectives and behaviours.
She works with several modalities which she chooses effectively for her clients as the moment appears, which is paramount to the work. This assists in navigating the sessions with a organic flow unfolding in a natural conclusion.
I Angela Kirby honour my path in this life time to be of service and for the highest good of those who come to me for guidance, healing and nurturing of their body, mind and spirit.
Why Come & See Angela?
Angela has regular Supervision with a Psychotherapist & group work to ensure that her work is reviewed, her professional as well as personal development.
As a current on going member of the ACA (Australian Counselling Association) it is a requirement to fulfil a Practising Professional level. A yearly submission is sought by each member. On going relevant workshops and course work, conferences, professional papers published are a few of the requirements this professional body asks for in the interests of both client and practitioner.
Art therapy is… This powerful therapy assists to process via the creative channels, problematic emotional, physical and spiritual aspects appearing in our life. This work requires no artistic skills as expression comes naturally to us all within this pat
Developed by Dr Diana Fosha it is an evolving process assisting those in crisis, pain and suffering. It opens up the opportunity for what may remain untapped potential. Tracking emotions and sensations unfolds a place for left and right brain to coalesce,
- Reiki Master
- Visual Artist
- Transpersonal Art Therapist
- ACA - Australian Counselling Association
- Australian Counselling Association (ACA)
Click on Send Me Details Now to get startedSend Me Details Now