Gai Baker Counselling
0419 237 090
Randwick, New South Wales
Passion in the heart and clarity of mind take us forward.
About Gai Baker Counselling
Welcome to Gai Baker Counselling
I think the joy in life comes from reaching our dreams and being with those we love.
- You will always be treated with respect and warmth
- You will be supported in your goal to improve happiness and contentment in your life
About Gai Baker
Gai is a Registered Psychologist who provides individual couple and family therapy from her home based practice in Randwick. Areas of speciality include: relationship therapy anxiety depression marriage counselling Parenting self esteem communication post separation Stress management Grief Cancer and health issues and life transitions.
I am an eclectic therapist and have a strengths based approach. It is essential to know what is already working in life. I believe we all have our own answers to life’s challenges but sometimes we get can stuck due to difficult events and developmental transitions. This is when we need support and sometimes new ideas. Patterns learnt can be changed:
- Registered Psychologist in NSW
- Member of the Australian Psychological Society
- Master of Applied Psychology
- Graduate Diploma in Couple Therapy
- Bachelor of Arts
- Registered Nurse
- Certificate in Oncological Nursing
Gai has 20 years experience in counselling and therapy in government and private organisations in NSW. These include public hospitals schools and counselling agencies. Before this Gai worked as a Nurse Consultant in Oncology and Palliative Care and lectured in Nursing Education:
- Relationship therapy
- Individual therapy
- Couple therapy
- Anxiety and Depression
- Self Esteem and Communication
- Stress Management
- Life transitions
- Post separation and Divorce
- Health issues and Psych-oncology
- Gay and Lesbian friendly
- Group Facilitation
- Post separation process
Counselling in the practice covers a broad range of individual , couple and family issues. The following information details the types of counselling available and a summary of their benefits for different areas of a persons life:
- Couple therapy is utilised for enhancing relationships and finding new ways of managing conflict.
- Parenting plans are utilised in the post separation period with child focussed practice.
- Individual therapy is utilised for the management of anxiety and depression.
- Improving communication self-esteem and stress management are common presenting issues for clients wanting change in their life.
- Grief counselling is useful in the support of clients with recent losses and supportive counselling is provided for clients with cancer and other health related issues.
For more information about the best services for your needs or to organise an appointment - just give us a call!