07 5597 0648
Gold Coast Holistic Health
5/151 COTLEW St
Ashmore QLD 4214
Gold Coast, Queensland
Naturopathic and Functional Testing forms part of Elizabeth Orme's practice
Naturopathic and Functional Testing
Salivary Testing for Male/ Female Hormones and Adrenals, Comprehensive Thyroid Testing, Osteoporosis Markers, Comprehensive Digestive Testing, Gluten and Celiac Testing, Parasitology, Allergy Panels, Liver Detoxification Profile, Organic Acids, Oxidative Markers, MTHFR, Cardiovascular Profile, Mineral Analysis, Amino Acids, Heavy Metal Analysis, Kryptopyrroles .... and more
Elizabeth uses conventional blood tests and Functional Testing extensively. When you book your first appointment you are asked to bring in any recent blood tests. This may lead to a request for further blood tests from your GP. Alternatively we can run blood tests from our clinic using a commercial account with laboratories (meaning you will be asked by the lab to pay for your test). If appropriate, you may be recommended to do a Functional Test. We select from a wide range according to need. A list of some of the options is scrolling in green at the top of this page!
What is Functional Testing?
- Functional Testing asks the question "how is your body functioning?' It looks at body systems in terms of their ability to function rather than specifically seeking markers that reflect pathology or disease states. Results highlight areas of dysfunction and this can provide valuable information for assisting chronic problems.
- Many Functional Tests are performed at home using test kits provided. Some require blood draw and you take your kit to a relevant blood collection center.
- Many conventional blood tests can be looked at from a naturopathic and functional perspective. Pathology or disease may not be indicated but dysfunction might be evident.
To book an appointment with Elizabeth Orme or for more information call her receptionist Melinda Sloane between 9.30 am and 5.30 pm
And this is where you can find more information
Practitioner Qualifications and Professional Organisations
- Elizabeth Orme, BSc (Hons) DNN DBTh CNHC
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) from University of Reading (UK)
- Diploma in Nutrition and Advanced Diploma in Nutrition
- Advanced Diploma in Medical Herbalism
- Extensive post-graduate training in Metabolic Typing.
- NHAA (Naturopaths and Herbalists Association of Australia)
- BANT (British Association for Nutrition and Lifestyle Medicine)
- IRCH (International Register of Consultant Herbalists)
- CNHC (Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council)
- RSM (Royal Society of Medicine. Elizabeth is not a doctor; however, her BANT membership gives her eligibility to RSM).