Chatswood NSW 2067
Feel more relaxed and joyful when you calm your anxious thoughts. If you need someone to sort through your cluttered thoughts or have a specific problem, Theresa can help. When you’re ready to talk, send Theresa an enquiry online.
Guidance Coach for Emotional, Behavioural & Psychological Needs
With over 20 years of experience, Theresa has helped clients working in schools, community organizations, government offices, and private practice settings achieve the life they desire.
She provides a safe, confidential, supportive space where mums, dads and individuals can express their unique emotional, behavioural and psychological needs.
In her counselling practice, Theresa enables clients to learn, grow psychologically, and explore learning from challenging situations.
She works with clients from diverse backgrounds:
- Teenagers aged 16 and older
She employs evidence-based methods, strategies, and tools:
- CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy)
- ACT (Acceptance Commitment Therapy)
- Solution Focused/Brief Therapy
Aside from counselling, Theresa provides training and consultancy promoting mental health and well-being for youth, adults, and organizations.
Medicare or private insurance rebates are available depending on eligibility.
Counselling provides a confidential environment for anyone who wants to discuss their personal or professional issues.
People often find that talking things through with someone who is trained to listen can help them gain a fresh perspective and find positive ways to handle tough decisions.
Theresa believes effective counselling can enable clients to explore mindset shifts and overcome barriers.
Psychotherapy services will empower you with the tools and coping skills to grow and achieve a more sustainable and meaningful life.
In counselling sessions, guidance is provided to help you gain a deeper understanding of yourself.
This process is achieved through self-reflection and awareness of your inner thoughts, feelings, desires and beliefs that affect your behaviour and relationships.
The goals of counselling can vary depending on your needs and culture. You may learn adaptive coping skills and self-care, learn how to manage grief and loss-related stress, cope with anxiety and depression, improve motivation and set goals.
You can bring any inquiry or concern, big or small, to your counselling sessions with Theresa.
It's okay to talk about feeling uncomfortable or confused sometimes, even if there isn't a specific issue. You don't need to be in a crisis for you to reach out to a counsellor.
Theresa’s areas of focus are:
- Adjusting to life transitions
- Phobias & anxiety
- Issues related to bullying
- Providing career guidance
- Grief & loss
- Problems relating to health and chronic illnesses
- Preparing for childbirth
- Pain management through psychoeducation and adaptive strategies
- Adaptive coping and psychoeducation for chronically ill individuals
- Counselling/rehabilitation after an injury
- Building self-confidence & self-esteem
- Shyness and poor social skills
- Managing stress
- Monday: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Tuesday: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Wednesday: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Thursday: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Friday: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Saturday: Occasionally
Contact Theresa online or by phone to learn how she can assist you in moving forward.