Remedial Massage, Sports Massage, Lymphatic Massage & Triger Point Therapy
I would like to take you through step by step through your first consultation
- Fill out the medical form is a way to trace back any history related to the problem that needs to be addressed
- Analyzing posture by looking at shoulder height, hip height, back curvature, neck and head placement, knee alignment, feet position and arm positioning.
- Musculo skeletal testing to assess range of movement, response and strength of the problem needing to be addressed
- Formation of a treatment plan
- Treatment using Painsolv, remedial massage, Swedish massage, deep tissue and or trigger point. For tenderness and swelling and acute pain lymphatic drainage is applied only.
- Assessment of the treatment by repeated musculoskeletal testing
- Advice on self care using specific stretching and strengthening exercises.
- Followup with further treatment or other referred sevices
What can I expect from a remedial Massage session?
- The therapist needs to have information that will help for her to make a decision on the treatment plan therefore certain injuries, surgery or accidents will need to be discussed.
- The area that is in pain is not necessarily going to be treated the full session because there could be other surrounding issues affecting the area in question.
- The pressures applied to the problem that needs to addressed may be painful tender or sensitive. In the case pain is experienced the painsolv device is applied to help alleviate the discomfort.
- The surrounding muscles, joints could be tested to assess any referring problems or relief being experienced
- The client will experience a certain amount of effect from the massage for the next two days after. Thereafter there is a significant relief experienced in the area treated.
Advantages to you?
- Eftpos, Credit card facilities available for transactions
- Hicaps available for claiming health rebates
- Practice is accessible central in Brookvale located on Pittwater road.
- Hours are flexible depending on the urgency
- Less time spent in investigating the problem due to experience of the practioner .
- Before and after testing to assess changes
- Practioner has other skills in addition to massage to offer alternatives to the problem that needs to be addressed
- Appointments are available at nights Saturdays and Sundays
- Practioner is open to referring other practioners if the problem needs to be referred on
Do you have headaches?
There are many ways headaches can be presented which may be indicated knowing where the headache is located. Usually if the headache is more on the front of the head it possibly is caused by clenching the jaw, grinding teeth, talking a lot in the job, chewing chewing gum, dental issues. If this is the case then possible movement in the neck could be limited in rotation. The other scenario is headache in the back of the neck which could be contributed by tight shoulder and neck muscles mainly caused by incorrect posture dropping head forward and in addition rounding the shoulders forward.
Do you work at a computer or use the front upper body, extensively in your work?
Classic case of back shoulder neck pain is caused by over using the front upper body by either drawing the shoulders forward tightening the chest muscles or raising the shoulders from continuously dropping the head forward at an angle. Posture needs to be considered in this scenario focusing on stretching some muscles and strengthening others.
There are also a few more exasperating factors related to stress at the desk like breathing shallow grinding or clenching teeth, dropping head to the side when talking on the phone and lastly repetitious use of hands when operating on the keyboard for a computer operator or using a screwdriver for a tradesman.
Does back pain affect your lifestyle?
Back pain can be so debilitating and can make you modify or change the way you do things when you work, play sport and exercise, sitting, standing, sleeping and the list goes on. The Right kind of massage, advice, postural changes can make the back feel less of an issue. Many Times if it wasnt an operation or a specific accident it is a matter of what movements were executed at the time of lack of mobility or onset of pain. By investigating all possible scenarios and testing the surrounding muscles and joints for strength and flexibility, a treatment plan then can be put in place and bring you favorable results.
Benefits of the right massage for you
- Helps to reduce tension in the muscles
- Relieves pain
- Increase mobility
- Increase blood flow
- Requires firm pressure or deep tissue
- Feels good
Trigger Point therapy
- Relieves pain
- Releases tension on the fibers
- Reduces toxins in the muscle
- Increases flexibility
Pre Sports Massage
- Increases flexibility
- Requires very vigorous quick movements to muscles skin and fascia
- Increases blood flow to the working joints and muscles
- Prepares muscles and joints for the event
Post Sports Massage
- Increases blood flow to the worked muscles and joints
- Reduces any muscular tension to relax the muscles
- Requires very gentle easy massage to sooth the worked muscles
- Helps in a quicker recovery
- Requires gentle soft movements over the skin layer
- Relaxing and soothing
- Beneficial to help reduce tension, swelling inflammation and bruising.
Margaret Gibson has a Certificate 4 and Diploma in Remedial and Sports Massage studied in Randwick Tafe Sydney, Also a Degree and Diploma in Physical Education with a major in Sociology and Exercise Physiology, Health Nutrition and Dance. She also recently qualified in Lymphatic Drainage I and Corrective Exercise Therapy from Nature Care.