The Healing Touch Wellbeing Centre
Level 2 Suite 3
106 Ebley St
Bondi Junction NSW 2022
Servicing area: Bondi Junction, New South Wales
The Healing Touch Wellbeing Centre - Shiatsu & Reflexology
Shiatsu is a form of bodywork that has its origins in Traditional Chinese Medicine and the historical massage techniques of Japan. It is a deep and relaxing technique that is sensitively applied using hands, elbows and knees along the network of meridians and acupressure points through which vital energy (Ki) flows.
Shiatsu strengthens a person's innate healing power by freeing and balancing the energy flow along the meridian channels.
Generally it is performed with the recipient lying comfortably dressed on a traditional Futon mat, on the floor, with the practitioner applying firm, steady pressure. Shiatsu not only treats, but also prevents illness by aiding the body's natural forces to correct diseases, even before they become pathological. It can target general areas or specific points.
A combination of acupressure and massage, Reflexology is an ancient technique that identifies zones in the feet, hands and ears that are connected to body parts and organs.
Reflexology postulates that these zones are a microcosm or map of the whole body. Stimulating these zones can have a healing effect on the whole body, as they connect energy pathways that travel through the body to particular organs, structures and glands.
You may also benefit from the following techniques that are adjuncts to your reflexology session:
- Brazilian Toe Massage (rebalancing of body grids)
- Metamorphic Technique (release of pre-natal patterns) also available
Stress may be difficult to avoid, but Reflexology is a perfect way to diffuse our daily anxieties.
Bring some fresh energy & joy into your day with a short mini pick-me-up. Choose the one most appealing now:
- Head, Neck and Shoulder Massage - massaging these areas not only feels good, but is also healing & uplifting.
- Ampuku-Hara Acupressure - this Traditional Oriental Medicine, along the abdominal area, acceses the Meridian zones to stimulate & balance the "CHI"energy flow.
- Reflexology - massaging the feet & hands feels good, while also stimulates the connecting energy system to improve health in an enjoyable and effective manner.
- Holistic Pulsing and Palm Healing - gentle, energy- stimulating modalities, that can be incorporated into other techniques.
- ATMS Member - 2880
- STAA - Shiatsu Therapy Association of Australia
- AMA - Australian Myopractic Association
- Diploma of Remedial Massage
- Diploma of Shiatsu
- Diploma of Proficiency in Bowen Technique
- Certificate of Advanced Training in EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique)