Healthpoint Clinic - Acupuncture and Naturopathy
During a treatment, a TCM practitioner looks to understand the imbalances in your body by asking detailed questions about your health, wellbeing and lifestyle combining them with pulse and tongue analysis to gain an overall picture of your health.
Acupuncture involves the insertion of sterile needles into certain points in the body to remove energy blockages and promote the normal flow of energy (Qi) throughout the body. Acupuncture is an effective safe and drug-free modality that is helpful for headaches, gynaecological imbalances and insomnia by addressing the underlying cause of disease along with the symptoms.
Your acupuncture/TCM treatment may include:
- Needling – the insertion of hair-thin, sterile single use acupuncture needles into specific points in your body to restore the natural flow of energy and bring the body back into balance
- Moxibustion – a gentle, warming technique using the herb mugwort
- Herbal Medicine – pre-prepared, easy to take herbal pillules to extend the effects of the treatment and address underlying imbalances.
- Massage – a brief, gentle massage to aid in relaxation
- Cupping – the application of glass cups to specific areas of tension in your body
- Advice – diet and lifestyle recommendations may also form part of your treatment plan
Naturopathy is a modality that examines, treats and prevents conditions of the human mind and body. Naturopaths incorporate conventional health sciences with a range of natural therapies and traditional medicines, to best support the patient’s physical, mental and emotional states for effective and lasting effects.
A Naturopath aims to empower, motivate and educate the patient to develop an increased sense of understand surrounding the functioning of their own individual body and their individual health requirements. Naturopathy does not simply treat the manifestation of a disease and its effects but rather search for the underlying cause and treat it, at the root. The prevention of disease is achieved through naturopathic education which develops a lifestyle that supports wellbeing and health.
Examples of conditions where Naturopathy might benefit:
- Digestive complaints
- Hay fever/Sinusitis
- Sleep disturbances
- Musculoskeletal conditions
- Stress/anxiety related conditions
- Male and Female reproductive health (including fertility support)
- Recurrent colds/coughs/flu
- Children’s health (poor immunity, recurrent ear infections etc)
Click on Send Me Details Now to get startedSend Me Details Now