Ikon Institute - Bachelor of Arts Therapy
Servicing areaSydney, Melbourne, Brisbane & Perth
Arts Therapy is effective in working with diverse groups of clients of all age groups, abilities, and with a range of issues; it is particularly effective in engaging people who may struggle to participate in more traditional ‘talking therapies’ such as children, adolescents, people suffering from trauma, those with disabilities, language difficulties or those from other cultural backgrounds. The experience of expressing oneself through creative activity has been found to assist in the promotion of physical, emotional, cognitive and social integration and functioning. The consequent insights and personal understandings can be instrumental in facilitating change.
Bachelor of Arts Therapy
3 years full time
Course delivery will be through a combination of facilitated classroom training, out of class self directed learning and on-the-job placement.
There are 3 subjects per trimester, with 3 trimesters in years 1 & 2, and 2 trimesters in year 3 allowing for completion of assessments and clinical placement in years 2 & 3.
- Year 1, 3 trimesters of 13 weeks each
- Year 2, 3 trimesters of 13 weeks each
- Year 3, 2 trimesters of 13 weeks each plus completion of assessments and clinical placement
The course meets the Australian Qualification Framework (AQF) guidelines. This course has been designed with association membership requirements in mind. Students are eligible to apply for Tier 2 membership with ANZACATA.
Course Code: 094684M
The Bachelor of Arts Therapy course is for:
- Students with no prior learning in Arts Psychotherapy.
- Students who have completed an accredited art therapy Diploma or Advanced Diploma and wish to further expand their knowledge in this area. If you have previously studied an Ikon Counselling / Art Therapy VET qualification.
The Bachelor of Arts Therapy provides students with a clear pathway, directly engaging in Arts Psychotherapy for the entirety of their training, and providing a sound undergraduate foundation upon which to build further, higher level training.
The foundational subjects will also provide a solid grounding for other specialised modalities including dramatherapy, and dance/movement therapy, studied at a post graduate level.
The Bachelor of Arts Therapy is is FEE-HELP approved
- ACA - Australian Counselling Association
Click on Send Me Details Now to get startedSend Me Details Now