Art Therapy, Counselling, Nutrition Consultations and Lifestyle Coaching
In my heArt – Art Therapy & Family Wellness believes that when a strong practitioner-client relationship is established from the get-go, this will largely contribute to the successful outcome of client goals which they have defined to work towards.
This is the driving reason why we do not charge for the Initial Assessment Session (fee free) for Art Therapy, Counselling, Nutrition Consultations and Lifestyle Coaching, which last up to 55-minutes, where, after the Service Agreement is established and a Client Details Form is completed, goals to work towards are clearly discussed and agreed with the client and their families / caregivers / guardians (as applicable), to ensure we are the right fit to support their wellness journey, based on expertise, training, formal qualifications and experience.
Utilizing a person-centred approach enables sessions to stay on track according to the clients’ specific goals and requirements and where they are at in the present moment, enabling clients and families / caregivers / guardians to be empowered with facilitation, encouragement and direct support from their practitioner.
By using an “invitational relating” approach, helps to develop a strong therapeutic relationship, as the client is not told what to do but rather invited to freely participate at their pace as they are always seen as the expert in their own lives and are respected as unique individuals on their own personal wellness journey.
“When you make a commitment to yourself, to be the best that you can be, to free your mind of limitations, there is nothing you cannot do!” – Shameela, Director - In my heArt – Art Therapy & Family Wellness
Post the Initial Assessment Session, 55-minute sessions on-site, home-based or via ZOOM can be scheduled, depending on availability, for the following services:
Art AS therapy is where the actual creative process of art making forms the basis of healing and the therapeutic changes for the client.
Art IN therapy is where art making is used to facilitate communication between the client and therapist by together, examining and interpreting the creation produced.
- Art Therapy facilitates clients to be able to express their thoughts, feelings, and emotions through the creative process rather than speaking about them, which may be difficult for them to do, due to negative experiences, a formal diagnosis or simply preference.
- Art Therapy can facilitate a client's healing process as part of their journey, as well as help them gain more of an understanding of 'self'.
- Art Therapy can support developing a client’s emotional strength and enhance their self-esteem.
The purpose of counselling is to allow clients to discuss their emotions, feelings, challenges, and perceived barriers safely, in a confidential professional setting, with a view to work towards making positive changes to their own life and their relationships.
- Counselling creates an environment for the client which is safe and non-judgemental thus allowing them to problem solve independently with gentle facilitation and support from the counsellor.
- Counselling empower clients by reminding them that they are experts in their own lives and that they can make positive changes that they are seeking to meet their own specific goals.
- Counselling, as a helping profession, ensures the client is made fully aware of what to expect before they enter and engage in the counselling process, discussed in the initial assessment session.
Nutrition Consultations & Lifestyle Coaching:
The purpose of Nutrition Consultations & Lifestyle Coaching is to provide a soothing journey for the body and mind and to encourage clients to incorporate easy yet powerful techniques into their lives, to make life long changes for the better by supporting them to embrace being the expert in their lives, through the power of connecting, embracing, feeling, loving and listening to their own body’s wisdom, using the holistic health foundational principals of ancient Ayurveda, which translates to “the sacred knowledge of life”, alongside modern nutritional and lifestyle practices and techniques.
- The main theme of the sessions is to educate clients to monitor and balance their nutritional and lifestyle practices towards complete holistic health, illness prevention and to develop longevity.
- The sessions cover every aspect of a client’s life, from health, food consumed, defining their own beliefs and values, career/study goals, physical activity levels and relationships.
- The sessions support clients to develop an understanding of how-to-live-in harmony with their inner self and with the world around them.
Contact Shameela today on 0458 365 927 to discuss session availability and pricing.
Art AS therapy is where the actual creative process of art making forms the basis of healing and the therapeutic changes for the client. Art IN therapy is where art making is used to facilitate communication between the client and therapist.
The purpose of counselling is to allow clients to discuss their emotions, feelings, challenges, and perceived barriers safely, in a confidential professional setting, with a view to work towards making positive changes to their own life and relationships.
We're open 6 days.
|6:00 pm||To||8:30 pm|
|6:00 pm||To||8:30 pm|
|4:00 pm||To||8:00 pm|
|5:00 pm||To||9:00 pm|
|1:00 pm||To||8:00 pm|
|9:00 am||To||4:00 pm|
- Diploma of Art Therapy
- Working With Children Check
- Weight Management Consultant
- Holistic Nutrition Coach
- Diploma In Yoga
- Diploma In Counselling (AIPC)
- Diploma In Nutrition
- Diploma In Life Coaching
- Certified Ayurveda Consultant
- Advanced Counselling Study Major In Child Development and Effective Parenting (AIPC)
- Introduction To Expressive Therapies Advanced Study Major (AIPC)
- Diploma In Child Psychology
- Certified Neuro Coach
- Neuroleadership In Neurohealth
- IICT - International Institute For Complementary Therapists
- ACA - Australian Counselling Association
Click on Send Me Details Now to get startedSend Me Details Now