Servicing areaPullenvale, Queensland
Irene started practising natural therapies over 15 years ago and has also been deeply involved in mothers and babies clinics.
She has a special interest in bowel problems, allergies, and baby and mother’s health, as well as neurodegenerative diseases. Irene is very experienced in community and clinical settings, having had her own community nursing service, where she specialized in post surgical, early discharge and baby and maternal health. Her expertise and skill are demonstrated in her clients’ health, vitality and satisfaction.
What is Naturopathy and how can it assist you?
Coined by Scheel, in 1895, Naturopathy is a holistic approach to health. i.e. it focuses on your very own personalised health issues. Herbal Medicine, Nutritional Supplements or Celloid mineral therapy, will be used to address the cause of the illness, not just the symptoms.
Your initial consultation:
(takes approx. 1-1½ hours)
- A detailed case history, that of childhood health, environmental factors, surgery,
accidents, familial health and nutrition. Bowen Therapy may also be included.
- Physical Assessment – includes Iridology, tongue and nail assessment (traditional practices). However, Blood Pressure, Pathology, Urine Tests and Hair Analysis may be used as well
- Holistic Counselling – chronic stress can play a major part in how well nutrients are absorbed, in sleep patterns and general daily living.
- Dietary, Nutritional and Lifestyle changes will be discussed. Your body is encouraged to repair and recover, using these measures.
- Possible causes of health imbalances:
- Inadequate absorption of Nutrients
- Chronic Stress
- Accumulation of metabolic wastes
- Hormonal imbalances
- Allergies and food sensitivities
- Vitamin or Mineral deficiencies
What is Bowen Therapy and how can it help you?
Tom Bowen developed the technique, in Victoria, and in a government report, in 1975, he was found to be treating 1300 people.
Bowen offers a gentle and relaxing remedial therapy, that can address many musculoskeletal problems, providing lasting pain relief. Safe to use on newborns and the elderly. No clothing required to be taken off.
How does Bowen Therapy work?
It is done by 'moves' over muscles, tendons, ligaments and nerves, retrieving cellular memory of the body's preferred balanced way of being. It enables the body to heal itself.
People who try this technique, are continually amazed at the effectiveness of this treatment. Bowen Therapy will enhance not interfere with any medical treatment, and usually two to three treatments are required.
Nearby PractitionersView all
Click on Send Me Details Now to get startedSend Me Details Now