Judith Gardiner Massage Therapist
Why get a massage?
The healing power of touch is instinctive in human nature and when we formalize that instinctive touch into massage, it becomes a powerful healing tool.
Remedial massage is the systematic assessment and treatment of the muscles, tendons, ligaments and connective tissues of the body to assist in rehabilitation, pain and injury management. Create favorable conditions for the body to return to normal health after injury. Remediation is required to reduce or eliminate pain and restore function. Balance muscle/soft tissue length, tension, tone; promote the return to normal joint/capsular/bone position; increase the flow of blood and lymph, particularly in the injured areas, thus removing blockages, damaged cells, scar tissue and adhesions resulting from the injury. The basic goal of therapeutic massage is to help the body heal itself and to increase one's health & well-being.
- Improves blood circulation
- Relieves of acute and chronic pain
- Induces better lymph movement
- Improve & increase mobility & range of motion
- Stimulate or soothes the nervous system
- Enhances skin condition
- Aids digestion & intestinal functions
- Boosts immune system
Manual Lymphatic Drainage is a highly specialized form of massage, which uses light, rhythmical, very precise hand movements, pressures and sequences. The massage works at a skin level to influence the direction and speed of lymphatic flow, re-directing if necessary.
Health Benefits of Lymphatic Massage
- Promote healing
- Reduce swelling
Reflexology is a holistic treatment based on the principle that there are areas and points on the feet, hands, and ears that map via the nervous system to corresponding parts of the body. When pressure is applied to these areas and points it stimulates the movement of energy along the nerve channels and helps to restore homeostasis (balance) in the whole body.
Health Benefits of Reflexology
- deep relaxation by opening neural pathways
- stimulates more than 7,000 nerves, opening, and cleansing of neural pathways,
- increases circulation
- cleanses the body of toxins and impurities
- stimulates the central nervous system
- stimulates energy work throughout the body
- balances the whole system thus revitalizing the body's natural energy flow
Aromatherapy is a holistic therapy that treats the mind, body, and spirit. When essential oils are applied to the body during a massage, the essential oils enter the skin and absorbed into the bloodstream and circulated around the body. Aromatherapy is often used in conjunction with mainstream medicine to help treat common colds and flu, insomnia, nausea, skin conditions, migraines and headaches, and many other ailments.
Health Benefits of Aromatherapy Massage
- Enhance mood, feeling of well-being
- Improve blood & lymphatic circulation - the essential oils used will make the blood vessels will either constrict or dilate - raising or lowering blood pressure
- Encourage restful sleep
- Balance the hormone production, essential oils such as clary sage can mimic oestrogen
- Strengthen the immune system
- Reduce pain.
- Improve digestion
Scientific studies have been done to show the effects of various body-based practices on people having cancer treatments such as chemotherapy and surgery. These studies have shown that massage may reduce: pain; fatigue; nausea; anxiety and depression. Massage may also improve sleep, nerve damage (neuropathy), quality of life, and mental clarity and alertness. Another benefit of massage is reducing lymphoedema, which is swelling in the tissues caused by a build-up of fluid after surgery or radiotherapy to the lymph nodes. As well as improving physical symptoms, some people with cancer choose to have a massage because of it:
- makes them feel whole again
- helps them share feelings in an informal setting
- makes them feel more positive about their body
- rebuilds hope.
Excellent for healing any physical, mental, emotional and spiritual issues. Opens the energy channels to allow the body to deal naturally with stress and build-up toxins and cope with anxiety and depression. Shows as increased confidence and outward harmony in dealing with everyday events. The person will gain a positive outlook on life. It provides additional energy required to recover from illness. Reiki is for everyone: it heals adults, babies, toddlers, children, elderly and pets.
Health Benefits of Reiki
- Deep relaxation, release stress and tension,
- It accelerates self-healing abilities,
- Aids better sleep,
- Reduces blood pressure
- Help with acute (injuries), chronic problems (asthma, eczema, headaches, etc.), aides the breaking of addictions,
- Helps relieve pain,
- Removes energy blockages, adjusts the energy flow of the endocrine system bringing the body into balance and harmony,
- Assists the body in cleaning itself from toxins,
- Reduces side effects of drugs, helps in recovery from drug therapy, surgery, and chemotherapy,
- Supports the immune system,
- Raises the vibrational frequency of the body,
- Helps spiritual growth and emotional clearing
- Remedial Massage
- ATMS - Australian Traditional Medicine Society
Click on Send Me Details Now to get startedSend Me Details Now