DO YOU WANT TO LIVE A HEALTHIER LIFE..?
Call 0405 707 156 – to book an appointment with Karen Latter, Naturopath, Nutritionist & Herbalist
- Increase your energy and stamina
- Address your health problems
- Lose weight in a sustainable way
- Learn how to effectively manage stress
- Discover the benefits of a nutritious and wholesome diet
- Assess your health, fitness and lifestyle
- Age well and reduce chances of degenerative diseases
- Have an individualised naturopathic health care plan that takes in all your lifestyle needs.
Naturopathy is a system of healing based on treating the individual and the cause of ill health rather than treating symptoms alone. Embracing a healthy diet and lifestyle underpins the aims of naturopathy; these will be assessed as part of your consult and overall treatment plan. As a naturopath, I make nutritional and herbal recommendations, which give your body the tools it needs to overcome illness and improve health.
HOW IT CAN HELP YOU
Naturopathy can assist you in managing and eliminating many health problems including those relating to the reproductive system, digestion, skin, circulation, immunity and nervous system. It can also, implement preventative measures to help enhance your health now and in the future. Here are some of the health conditions that I have recently seen and successfully treated in clinic:
- Digestive disorders including gastric reflux, irritable bowel syndrome, ulcerative colitis and chrons disease.
- Female reproductive conditions: fibroids, premenstrual syndrome, polycystic ovarian syndrome and menopausal complaints
- Infertility – male and female
- Chronic headaches
- Anxiety and depression
- Chronic yeast infections
- High cholesterol
- Skin disorders – acne, eczema and psoriasis
- Chronic sinusitis
- Children’s conditions – inattention, low immunity and recurrent infections.
– Nutritional supplements will be prescribed in order to correct vitamin and mineral deficiencies. I am passionate about encouraging people to eat real food. My aim is to give ideas on how to buy, choose, prepare and cook fresh food in the best way to maintain its vitality and health properties. As a naturopath and nutritionist I place emphasis on improving the function of the digestive system, as well as detoxifying the body.
– herbs are used to support the healing process of the body and for their specific medicinal action. For instance, Fennel is a beautiful gut soother, Echinacea works to boost your immune system and Nettle is an excellent blood builder. I choose from 100s of herbs to create an individualised herbal mix that answers your unique health needs. This is prescribed in a liquid form, tablet or tea.
– work with the mind, body and spirit to clear emotional blocks, which are stopping you reaching your true potential. I use Bach Flower essences (created by Dr Edward Bach in the 1930s) with the aim of helping people come back to their true state of emotional and spiritual harmony.
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM THE FIRST CONSULTATION
I start with asking you what your health objectives are so the consult can be specifically targeted to answer your needs.
I then take a detailed case history, examine your diet, review any previous medical tests and suggest more if indicated, as well as undertake naturopathic diagnostic assessments such as iris, tongue and nail. From this, I make my assessment and recommend certain diet and lifestyle changes. An individual treatment plan will be devised that will take into account specific nutritional needs and any food allergies or intolerances.
A follow up consult will be recommended in two weeks to chart your progress and give any additional recommendations that are needed.
Then, depending on your case, subsequent appointments will be suggested. Once you have reached your wellness objectives, I recommend yearly check ups to ensure that you maintain your good health.
Book your first naturopathic appointment with Karen and receive a FREE ABO Blood Test
Karen is a degree qualified, insured and affiliated Naturopath and Nutritionist. She has been working in clinical practice for the last nine years. She is a member of the Australian Traditional Medicine Society.
Karen is passionate about encouraging and guiding individuals to take control of their own health. She believes in educating people about their health conditions so they can feel truly self empowered to make changes to their diet, health and lifestyle.
Karen’s first degree was in Sociology, which is where she developed a strong empathetic understanding in how people are influenced by their relationships, family, education, community and working life. Her focus is on the detail of our lives that make us who we are – this has equipped her to listen to your health objectives and help you to implement positive long lasting changes.
She first worked in corporate communications - here she learnt first hand the stresses and strains of the business world, which has given her experience in how to effectively manage stress. Her desire for life balance – lead her to change careers and look for something where she could make a real difference to peoples’ lives. This is why Karen practices as a naturopath.
Karen continually updates her education and knowledge – she regularly attends health conferences and industry seminars. In 2015, Karen completed the Medical Academy of Pediatric Special Needs (MAPS) Environmental Medicine course.
She writes articles for local fitness groups as well as presenting seminars to a corporate and a general public audience on topics such as 'Quitting the Sugar Habit' and "Winter Wellness'.
Karen also lectures naturopathy at Endeavour College of Natural Health where she enjoys teaching the Naturopathic degree including the subjects naturopathic philosophy and herbal medicine.
Bachelor of Health Science in Complementary Medicine
Advanced Diploma in Naturopathy
Diploma in Nutrition
Certificate IV in Remedial Massage
Bachelor of Arts (hons) Sociology
MAPS Environmental Medicine
Northern beaches health & fertility
1/149-153 Sydney Road
HICAPs available for on the spot health fund rebates with participating private health funds