Integrated Health Management - Naturopathy
What Is Naturopathy?
Naturopathy is a system of medicine based founded on the most time tested principle “vis medicatrix naturae” – The Healing Power of Nature. Naturopathy is a holistic system, meaning that a Naturopath aims to find the cause of disease. Disease is seen as indicators of improper functioning of the body or the body not at homeostasis (normal functioning state of health).
The goal of a Naturopath is to restore the body back to homeostasis.
What Do Naturopaths Do?
A Naturopath treat’s the whole person. This means all aspects of your life are considered including:
- Family History
- Stress Levels
- Mental and Emotional well being
What Area's Do Naturopath's Concentrate On?
There are 5 key areas of focus in Naturopathy:
- 1. Address the underlying cause of the illness and disease – not just treat the symptoms
- 2. Supporting the body’s own healing abilities
- 3. Diet
- 4. Empowering people to make lifestyle changes necessary for the best possible health
- 5. Educating patients
What Will Happen At My Consultation?
For you initial consultation allow up to 1 ½ hours.
A very thorough history will be taken including questions regarding:
- Your diet, (bringing a food diary with you. Outlining everything that you have eaten and had to drink over a period of at least three days)
- Environmental exposures
- Family History
The Naturopath emphasises the prevention of disease. By assessing your individual risk factors including, heredity (genetic) susceptibility to disease and making appropriate diet and lifestyle alterations your state of health will improve.
Prevention really is worth a pound of cure. Being supported and guided to making positive diet and lifestyle changes will have a positive impact upon your health.
Click on Send Me Details Now to get startedSend Me Details Now