Knox Integrative Health
Knox Integrative Health - Naturopathy
What is Naturopathy?
Naturopathic Medicine is not just about using natural medicines as an alternative to conventional pharmaceutical medications. It is a philosophy and way of looking at health that aims to get to the underlying problem of a health issue or symptom. This is always Amy's priority with every patient, whether we do this with naturopathy alone, or work alongside other health professionals such as your GP, specialist, chiropractor or counsellor.
Natural medicine does not see the human body as a machine with seperate parts, rather it takes into account ALL aspects of health - physical, mental and emotional - and considers the impact one area of ill-health has on the rest of our body/health.
Have you forgotten what it's like to feel truly well? Naturopathy can help!
By drawing on the latest advances in medical health sciences, and integrating them with a range of safe, effective natural therapies and age-old traditional medicines, Naturopathy offers a holistic way of assessing, preventing and treating a variety of health conditions. Naturopathic Medicine can include Herbal and nutritional medicine, food as medicine and diet and lifestyle advice.
Naturopathy aims to discover the underlying cause of ill-health. Where necessary, we offer a range of testing options in assisting us with this, including:
- Body composition testing to assess fat, muscle and fluid percentage (Bio-Impedance Analysis)
- General blood testing
- Full thyroid screening, including Reverse T3 levels and thyroid anti-bodies
- Hormone profiles (blood and saliva testing)
- IgG Food sensitivity testing
- Coeliac testing
- Nutrient deficiency testing
- Comprehensive digestive analysis, including parasitology, bacteria dysbiosis and food digestability
- MTHFR gene mutation assessment
- Functional Liver detoxification profiles
Amy chooses to work with Healthscope Pathology centres for much of her patients' testing needs. You may like to read about their Functional Testing options here - these are specialised tests often not considered in standard medical check-ups and can be particularly useful when more common testing is failing to give us answers.
What can Naturopathy do for me?
Naturopathic medicine can be of benefit in a vast array of acute and chronic health issues, including::
- Poor energy
- Manage Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Weight loss
- Poor immunity, colds and flus, recovery from glandular fever
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome, IBD, digestive disturbances.
- Joint pain and arthritis.
- Cholesterol and blood pressure issues, reducing the risk of cardivascular disease
- Hormonal imbalances, PMS, menopause
- Natural support for infertility, pre-conception care and pregnancy
- Stress management and reducing the effects of stress on your body
- Anxiety and depression
- Headaches and migraines
- Behavioral difficulties including ADHD, ADD and Aspergers
- Improve nutritional status, sports performance and prevent injury
- ..... and much more!
You do not necessary need to be ill to benefit from seeing a naturopath. We often see patients wanting to keep on top of their general health by coming in for regular health assessments, or wanting to prevent particular health issues. Prevention is ALWAYS better than cure!
Our consultation fees are as follows:
- Initial consultation (60 mins) - $120
- Standard return consultation (30 mins) - $72
- Long return consultation (up to 60 mins) - $95
Individually prescribed natural medicines - priced accordingly, please ask for details.
Gift vouchers are also available.
Your time is valuable, as is ours. For cancellations or change of appointment times, 24 hours notice is required so that we can allocate the time to another client.
Less than 24 hours notice will incur a charge of half the consultation fee.
- Bachelor of Health Science (Nat)
- Adv. Dip. Nat
- Member of the Australian Natural Therapists Association
Amy is fiercely passionate about 'science-based' natural medicine. A ‘one size fits all’ attitude towards health doesn't work and she has an enthusiastic 'no stone unturned' approach!